free website stats program 104 Octance Boost? | Harley Davidson Forums

104 Octance Boost?

Has anyone used 104 Octane Boost in there Sporty? I run Chevron 93 but was wondering if the 104 would make any difference in performance and gas mileage. Doesn't higher octance run a little cooler?

Higher than needed octane will have little to no benefit other than emptying your wallet. The higher octanes burn slower and will usually run a bit hotter.

works great if your running 12 or 13:1 compression but for standard 9.2's just a waste of money.

Contrary to how high octane gas is marketed, it only has benefit for engines designed to burn it. High compression engines need a slower burning fuel so it will not pre ignite, Higher Octane rated gasolines burn slower. Pre ignition ping will destroy an engine so it is important to run proper fuel in the engine. However, Over kill on octane simply will do no good, sometimes it can even burn black.

The gasoline we buy these days does leave deposits on the intake valves and on piston heads and heads etc. It is wise to run some Seafoam or Marvel Myster Oil in the tank once in a while. MMO has been around for many years and does work very well. Seafoam is also an excellent product.

There's 110 available in some stations as racing fuel but I remember when Sunoco had over 100 octane available at the regular pumps.Oh the good old days!:60:

I hear ya there, worked on C119 and C124 globemasters, they had to flap their wings to get off the ground:bigsmiley20:

Last edited:
These had four P&W 4360 engines with 4 mags each that to be in sync, 28 cylinders each engine,dual plugged, what a joy! NOT!

Just like the harley engines :D

Back