09 Ultra Fender Dime Size Dimple (can this be repaired)

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by escorial, May 9, 2011.

1. escorial

escorial Member

Looking at this bike to purchase but the front fender had somthing dropped on it.Color is Vivid Black w/ Silver pinstripe

Anyone know of a painter that could repair this and retail the OEM pinstripe or if anone hae one to sell in perfect condition I would be interested.

Attached Files:

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

It's repairable and can be repainted. Just a suggestion is if you can find a clean used fender, it may be cheaper all around if the color is the same and even the striping. Most all the touring fenders going back quite a way will be the same, only difference may be a mounting hole or speedo cable clip on the older fenders.

3. escorial

escorial Member

Yeah have been looking for a perfect one for replacement

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

They're out there, replaced one on a friends bike and it was perfect. Much cheaper than repairing or buying new. He paid $140 for it on ebay.

5. escorial

escorial Member

The hunt is on!

6. glenalt

glenalt Junior Member

Take to one of those guys that remove dents in fenders and doors with pics and shoes. You'll save a ton and love their work. Ask a used car dealer where one close to you.

7. harley@16

harley@16 Junior Member

Learning Paintless Dent Repair PDR Training FAQs | Dent Removal Tools | PDR Courses Curriculum | Dent Removal School | How to Repair Dents | Paintless Door Ding Articles
    I thought this was pretty cool.
    Harley

8. harley@16

harley@16 Junior Member

9. escorial

escorial Member

Thanks but I know about them and have one close by. I decided to take a pass on the bike, even if I got the dent out the fender would still need a repaint . It was just not worth the money for what the seller was asking for the bike.

Ended up getting a 10 FLHTK w/ no dents ;-)

J

10. glider

glider Veteran Member

Sometimes things work out for the better:s