free website stats program 09 street bob security (key light) question | Harley Davidson Forums

09 street bob security (key light) question

Hello,

I have purchased an 09 street bob in oct and havnt gotten a chance to ride since the security (key) light on the guage stays on while I am riding I do not have a security system on the bike is this the norm I called the dealer and they said that is fine I was just wondering if anyone else with a street bob has this light on while riding. Just dosent seem like this should be lit while riding.

thank you
Justin

sure dont sound right .. while i dont have a 09 street bob my 08 RKC has the system and light goes out once ign is on and ready to start

Mine did that when there was a fault (the left rear indicator wire had shorted). The *key* light came on to tell me there was an error.

I have an '07 with security and the light doesn't stay on normally.

Could be a number of things. Learn how to get your trouble codes. Should be able to research this more on this message board.

I had this exact issue. Check your turn signal wires under the rear fender. My stealership did not properly secure my wiring under the wire brackets behind the license plate bracket. The rear tire wore through these wires. Also, if the bolt gets twisted or turned behind the license plate, the wires will fall and wear on the tire.

As soon as the wires wear and short, the symptoms that you describe occur. Regardless, I'd take it to the dealer and let them sort it out. I have an on going list of things they messed up on assembly and pre-sale.

Good luck.

Back