free website stats program 09 FXDB Cornering Shake | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

09 FXDB Cornering Shake

Put a new rear tire on as it was close to the wear bars. Ran 34 lbs front, 36 lbs rear. Discovered that the local HD dealership whom told me that all Dynas handle this way had obviously not checked the axle alignment and neither had I to detailed specs. The rear tire was offset to the right while sitting on the bike. I aligned the axle and adjusted belt tension. Traveled 500 miles this past weekend and about 75% of the stearing wobble went away. Also noticed that the bike did not follow the Black Snakes in the pavement near as bad. Not done yet so will advise as to next find and cure.

Sounds like you have a good plan:s

Try cranking the rear shocks up a notch or two. I had the same problem on my 2010 Fat Bob which I got from the dealer with the shocks on the 3rd notch. I did the fall away check and tightened the front fork bearing and that helped but got the wobble to totally disappear when I cranked the rear shocks up all the way.

Im still working on this and am thinking that after much research on this site, the Dunlop stock tires are OK however there are better out there. The Metzler M880 seems to be a very popular tire on Harley Davidson bikes. I am thinking about changing to the Metzler. There are two choices in the 19" front tire. 1. 100/90/19. 2. 110/90/19. Obviously the 110 will give a bit more width bite and common sense tells me that this would be the better tire than the stock 100mm. Anyone went with the 110mm? If so, results??

I'm a big fan of the mezzler tires. Let me know how it works out I have an 09 FXDB.

I am running them also and I like them so far. I was shocked at what the tire pressure should be on the M880 Marathon. Don't run them at the HD owners manual pressure. It is not even close to what they need to be..

I have an 08 FatBob and I never noticed any shake while cornering.I did put a Custom Cycle Engineering fork brace on to add to the suspension mods so that the bike handles as good as possible. Im ashamed to say I dont know what a fall away test is and have never heard of it till now. Thanks Portogrip

Back