free website stats program 09 Classic stage 1 | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Classic stage 1

bassbum

Ok, So you have bought a new Harley Flhtc and want to install a stage 1 kit. No problem, right??? Seems that a consensus can not be found within the local Harley community as to install a Power Commander or just remap the bikes tuner. Out of 4 of the dyno guys I know they are split on the subject.
Your thought would be helpful.
Thanks

I agree with the TFI. The dealer download is lean and the PC relies on maps and a dyno tune to maximize the tune. Depending on your computer skills, the TFI stands out as not needing any computer skills at all.

Get a power commander pc-v. install is super simple and makes that motor come alive. There is a company on the internet called fuel moto and they will send it pre-mapped to your configuration, good folks to work with.

i am a rareity here and i use the SERT to tune my motor, yes the TFI is easier and cheaper but, for me i needed the extra bits that neither the PCIII/PCV or TFI could provide.
if money was not as tight as it is currently i would be running the thundermax with auto tune

There is no doubt that if you want to optimize your ride to get every ounce of power out of it, there are other options such as the SERT. As in Hobbits case the need for speed requires this. (remember he is CRAZY! LOL!)But for us riders that want to make our bike perform much better than stock, run cooler and not break the bank, the TFI has been very good for me. EZ to install, EZ to tune in the garage and as far as I know leaves no finger print on your ECM. :)

With the TFI you can tune it like a carb.(almost) .Mine works great.It really is a cost efficient,user friendly fuel management system.

Back