free website stats program 08 touring pack power point | Harley Davidson Forums

08 touring pack power point

Mavagrand

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...=Harley&page=1
Anyone use this?? I am looking for an extra power point on my egc..would be nice to have a flashlight in my tourpak charging on long trips. This is NOT the supplemental power point available from Harley..that one is for the accessory plug. THIS one is designed to plug into the wiring harness in the tourpak..they are different plugs. I dont wanna pay this much for one.but my other alternative is to splice into the harness, bypassing the handy extra plug put there by the MoCo. what do you guys think?? good idea to go with this plug?

Do some home work a "splice into the harness" may cause codes to be thrown on newer bikes.
...and that would be why I am looking for an alternative, smitty..another option BESIDES splicing. so I take it you have no experience with this particular item???

Don't know if this is what you are referring to but the accessory plug under the seat has 4 wires in it and there are more than the switched circuits available for other things as well. It's not just for the switched power up by the ignition switch. There's a circuit from the ignition switch as well.

Accessory Connector Plug - Harley Davidson Community

OK. Went to JPs today and bought the power port. Plugged right into the plug inside my tourpack and works great. Only other way to do this would involve splicing into the wires, didn't wanna do that. Charged my cell phone on the way home. I like the convenience of having the extra power port inside the tour pak out of the weather, gonna enjoy this add on.

OK. Went to JPs today and bought the power port. Plugged right into the plug inside my tourpack and works great. Only other way to do this would involve splicing into the wires, didn't wanna do that. Charged my cell phone on the way home. I like the convenience of having the extra power port inside the tour pak out of the weather, gonna enjoy this add on.

I installed the same one a few weeks ago in tourpack of my 08 Ultra. It's real nice that it plugs inline with the tourpack lights therefore, since the lights are on when the bike is on, you have a nice reliable 12v power source for your cell, gps, etc. Nice product!

This sounds like a great mod!! I followed the JP link but it is dead. doing a search on the JP Cycles website now but can you guys tell me if this would work on a 09?

YEs it will work on your 09 Ultra. The plug is designed to be installed inline with your present wiring harness. You unplug your tourpak lightbar, plug in the power port and then plug your light bar back into the power port adapter..it comes with all the appropriate Deutsch (sp) plugs..couldn't be easier.By the way, it is a good quality plug that comes with a water resistant cap to seal it when not in use..am really liking it.

YEs it will work on your 09 Ultra. The plug is designed to be installed inline with your present wiring harness. You unplug your tourpak lightbar, plug in the power port and then plug your light bar back into the power port adapter..it comes with all the appropriate Deutsch (sp) plugs..couldn't be easier.By the way, it is a good quality plug that comes with a water resistant cap to seal it when not in use..am really liking it.

Thats great!! Still trying to find this plug in JP cycles catalogue. Did a search and came up with nothing. the link from the OP is dead also. Anybody got a part number for this thing?

Back