free website stats program '08 Streetglide won't start | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

'08 Streetglide won't start

Your spark plugs won't fire if the system does not sense compression. Leave the plugs in, and ground an extra plug to the engine case to check.

Check all fuses , be sure alarm is de activated than try this.
Un plug a injector. Use a test light on the injector harness, in line, put a wire into 1 wire connector and connect the lead from the test light to it and touch the light probe to the other pin in the connector,.
Put a spare spark plug into a plug wire, ground it to the block. Power and ignition on, crank the engine and watch both test light and spark plug.
No blink and no spark at the plug may be the crank sensor.
If the ECU doesn't know the engine is turning over you won't have spark or fuel.
Good luck

In your 1st. post you said you tested 2 ohms on primary of coil. I believe that to be to high a resistance. Looking at a Bikers Choice(Tucker Rocker) catalog you should test 0.04 ohms for FI and 0.05 for carb coils.
As others have stated you must have spark plugs installed for spark test. Use a extra plug, as stated, or a spark tester.
tourbox

Hey everyone! So I went through all the troubleshooting y'all have recommended except put a fuel pressure gauge on it. Coil, plugs, plug wires and battery all good. Injectors clean and test good with the 9v. Wiring to injectors is good. All fuses and relays are good. Cleared all codes and cranked a bunch and no new codes show up. So I disconnected the injectors from the jugs and kept everything else hooked up. Crank the bike and the injectors are barely squirting. Unplug the injectors from the "rail" and gas free flows. Turn the key on and hear the pump prime but flow doesn't increase and then crank and no increase in flow, kind of just a trickle. So I open up the tank to have a look at the fuel filter, which is dirty and find the larger diameter fuel line that hooks up to the aft porting of the filter assembly to be broken about 6-8" down. I figure the two lines are from pump to filter then filter to quick disconnect for engine feed. Which one is the aft one and how do you go about replacing it?

It is not mandatory that you use the corrugated type fuel line. You can use F.I. rated line available from auto parts, but it's not a lot cheaper. I have read many recommendations to slit your old line lengthwise and put it over your new line to take the rubbing that occurs. Do NOT use worm type screw clamps, they cut into the line. Use smooth clamps, pinch or screw. It's good to use a new gasket on the tank plate and new screws for the plate. The screws have sealer on them that prevents gas seeping out.

Back