free website stats program 08 streetglide question | Harley Davidson Forums

08 streetglide question

I am looking at an 08 streetglide with 15,000 miles on it with a stage 1.
The bike has a 2-1 Sampson pipe on it.The pipe is discolored .The color is a yellowish gold at or near the collector.There is no tuning device,only the HD download and a K&N filter.Does the color of the pipe indicate a lean running motor and if so do you think this has damaged the motor in any way?
Also is that Sampson 2-1 pipe a good performance pipe?
Thanks in advance.

You should se my 2008 EG that is completly stock. The front pipe is where there is no shield is gold in color also. If bike was taken care of there should be no problems. "Remember someday you will own a bagger." You will never regret it.....

I am looking at an 08 streetglide with 15,000 miles on it with a stage 1.
The bike has a 2-1 Sampson pipe on it.The pipe is discolored .The color is a yellowish gold at or near the collector.There is no tuning device,only the HD download and a K&N filter.Does the color of the pipe indicate a lean running motor and if so do you think this has damaged the motor in any way?
Also is that Sampson 2-1 pipe a good performance pipe?
Thanks in advance.

Most 2 into 1 are better for performance and the gold color is pretty much normal on the newer bikes. There is a shield made by HD that is a full shield to cover it up or Kuryakyn makes a smaller one that covers up just that area. It works and looks good too.

I don't know if you can see it on my RK.

One more reason to run good heat shields to hide that yellowing:s

Back