free website stats program '08 Street Glyde Won't Start | Harley Davidson Forums

'08 Street Glyde Won't Start

streetglyder

Turn the ignition on and put it on run, hit the starter..... nothing. Battery is good. Started checking fuses, realized when I hit the starter button there is a click, click, click sound each time I hit the starter button coming from the Starter Relay in the fuse box. Changed the starter relay...still nothing. Same click sound coming from the relay. I don't know. HELP

You want to start with the simple stuff first. Check your batter cables make sure they are tight and clean on both ends.

Have you load tested the battery ? How old is it?

The cable did come loose before and it made the usual loose battery clicking, tightened it up and all was good. The battery was in the bike when I got it early spring. Going to take it out and have it tested. Sometimes I needed to be pointed in the right direction. Thank You, I'll follow up with a post shortly.

OK, The battery tested good. All the wires are tight, the ground is tight on both ends and so is the positive cable. I put a new battery in the key fob just to make sure it wasn't that. Starter?? Does it have a neutral safety switch? I'm not sure.....It's riding me hard here in St. Louis......when I should be out riding it. HELP

OK, The battery tested good. All the wires are tight, the ground is tight on both ends and so is the positive cable. I put a new battery in the key fob just to make sure it wasn't that. Starter?? Does it have a neutral safety switch? I'm not sure.....It's riding me hard here in St. Louis......when I should be out riding it. HELP

Check the voltage at the starter connection, with a good meter hit the button, does the voltage drop?

Sounds like the relay is working, but for some reason power is not getting to the solenoid, or the solenoid is not working.

Check the voltage at the small wire on the solenoid, with the start button pressed.
If voltage is good, it means that the starter relay and wiring are good.
If no voltage, you will need to trace back toward the starter relay.

Checking relay: Since the relay is clicking, we know that the power is going through the relay at terminals 86 and 85.

Check voltage at terminal 30, it should have voltage whenever the ignition is on, if no voltage, check the wiring between the relay terminal and the terminal on the ignition switch.

Check voltage at terminal 87 with start button pressed.

That's a pesky problem I dealt with too. TEST TEST TEST

It was the battery all along.
But, not all problems are created equal.
Good luck.

Back