free website stats program 08 Street Glide mystery | Harley Davidson Forums

08 Street Glide mystery

tony180

I have a 2008 105th Anniversary Street Glide that I purchased brand new Jul 08. I have 5k on the bike and took it to my Harley dealer for a full service. I also had a cruise control installed. I rode my bike home (approx 6 miles) with no issues. I was home about an hour and decided to go out for a ride, as I drove down my driveway I lost all throttle response and the check engine light came on. The bike starts but there is no throttle response in fact the engine seems to bog down a few rpm when the throttle is twisted. I immediately called the dealer and they were stumped but they are sending a truck out to pick up the bike tomorrow morning. :( I have the worst luck I took off this week 6 months ago to ride down to New Orleans and now this.

I agree sounds like the dealer created a problem with the ETC. I would take it back and demand that it be fixed without delay.

Thanks guys I hope its nothing major that will delay my road trip but if it is thank god its still under warranty.

Should be a quick fix. Maybe just a download. Either way, expalin your situation and DEMAND immediate resolve. I am sure the will understand and accomodate you.

Well here is the update. Dealer picked the bike up this morning and when the tech got to work on the bike he discovered that it had thrown multiple random codes. He got ahold of tech support and they told him this happens when something is not connected, loose wire bad ground etc. They spent the better part of the day unplugging, cleaning and double checking every connection on the bike. Fired her up with no problems, tech test rode it and it had no issues. Service manager does not believe the problem had anything to do with the cruise control installation but I am inclined to disagree. I would have really liked to get a definitive answer as to what the problem was but I do have it documented.

Glad I purchased rain gear because it looks like I'm getting wet. Thanks again for your help. I'll try to log in along the way.

Back