free website stats program 08 screamin eagle softail pipes? | Harley Davidson Forums

08 screamin eagle softail pipes?

brderj

So as a few of you may know, my soon to be wife is a rider, she has the 08 screamin eagle. It's an awesome bike. Well I've replaced my pipes and she loves the sound and is now noticing how quiet her bike is compared to everyone else. So we went to the only big Harley shop in HI and talked to them about new pipes. I asked if they had a Dyno, they said they did but that no one ever uses it. I thought that putting new pipes and the such required (or at least was highly recommended) a tune. This guy said no, just throw them on and you could download your own map, no big deal. So....what to do.

She wants a louder sound, but this dealership has always been flaky. This bike is $32k and the last thing either of us want is to mess it up with bad advice. I told her I would ask the good people here and we could all come up with a good solution. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guy, ride safe!

The dealer was right - download a map for the CVO engine with the pipes you choose, and the bike will run great.
I would buy the pipes and fuel system (power commander/fuelpak etc) online - you'll save hundreds compared to dealer prices, and this stuff is easy to install - save a couple more hundred on labor costs.
All you need to do is install the pipes then plug the PC/Fuelpak into the bike's computer and then program it.
Programming simply requires:
PC - install the PC software, download a map to your laptop, then upload it to the PC. The software even has a step by step tutorial on how to upload the map.
Fuelpak - there are buttons and a display right on it - the webiste will provide a list of what numbers to enter, its a very easy procedure.

Good advice Hobbit, thanks. I've never been mechanically gifted, but I think I could do a lot more than I give myself credit for. Putting pipes on my ladies super clean bike probably isnt something I want to chance. After all, I do want to remain married...and living. :D

Why put on a stage 1 on if it already has a heavy breather?

Back