free website stats program 08 High Idle Problem | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

08 High Idle Problem

Been reading the threads and got good news for everone. HD has come out with a fix for this problem. Your dealer may not know about it. Mine didn't until I asked and was told there hasn't been a fix released, but the dealer went to the companies service site and found a flash upgrade to the bike's electronic brain. The flash upgrade is the "Rev E" and it corrects the high idle created by reseting idlle point on the throttle postion sensor. Had it installed today at the dealer, took just about 10 minutes.

Hope this helps all of you out there with the 08 touring bikes.

Everything I read about the reflash claims that it'll prevent "rider error" on causing the problem. The dealer made me aware of the issue and advised that I not shut down while in anything but low, normal idle, and I have complied, yet I have the high idle issue.

Question is, if I get the reflash and continue to shut down only in proper idle, will this issue reappear? Should I wait until Harley has a better reflash?

Furthermore, the throttle response seems off, actually seems better when in high idle. Will this be resolved?

Many thanks for any advice, my dealer is excellent but I'd rather go in knowing what to expect

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the reflash done 2 weeks ago and it is just fine just like it had throttle cables, no problems yet and I had this done on a 2008 road king classic.

Back