free website stats program 08 Dyna Low Rider bar riser question | Harley Davidson Forums

08 Dyna Low Rider bar riser question

DadzLowrider

Hey All-

Question for any of you who may know. I have an 08 Dyna Low Rider. I want to switch the bars to drag bars. The problem is I need a slightly taller riser with maybe a little more bend in it to be comfortable. I went to the Harley dealer but they seemed unaware of any factory risers I could use since the Low Rider has the idiot lights, turn signal indicators etc on the riser cap. Do any of you know if HD makes risers that will work with the factory riser cap with the lights? Thanks in advance.

The Dyna Low Rider is different from the Street Bob. The Low Rider has the bolt holes straight up and down from each other while on all the others the they are kind of diagonal from each other.

ok now i am confused does the bike already have seperate risers on the top triple tree? and like the custom sportser have a top clamp with the idiot lights built in?
still picking up the nuances on the larger bikes :D

Here are pictures to show you what I am having trouble explaining:
DSC_0001-6.jpg
DSC_0002-6.jpg

ok now i see and also see why you say diagonal and straight :D
it looks similar to the set up on the Custom Sportsters, where the riser also carrys the electrics for the idiot lights, i see you have a shroud built in to the riser for cosmetics.

Found these when i searched HD for your year and model, they are new so might not be listed on the dealers Computers yet

6" Curved Pullback Riser
These chrome-plated 6" Curved Pullback Risers provide a comfortable riding position for those who like the shape, width, and hand position of their current 1" handlebar, but wish it was closer. For an ergonomically-friendly ride, these risers can be combined with a Harley-Davidson® Reach seat and Profile® Low suspension components to reduce arm stretch and to plant the feet firmly on the ground. Finish off the look with a Harley-Davidson® decorative handlebar clamp kit.
56266-09
Fits most 1'' handlebars. Does not fit Springer® models. Installation may require separate purchase of handlebar clamp. Installation also may affect fitment of handlebar-mounted instruments.
hd_spacer_e204.gif

MSRP US $119.95
hd_spacer_e204.gif
hd_spacer_e204.gif
56266_09_M_23ede.jpg
Thanks! I will check with them tomorrow and see if they will work

Hey Dadz, how did you make out with this? I have the same problem with my 07 fxdl. I purchased the risers Hobbit mentiond but the handlebar clamp holes are offset so I purchased a sporty handlebar clamp that has the hole for the light unit in it. Works great except the riser cover will not fit now.

P

Hey Dadz, how did you make out with this? I have the same problem with my 07 fxdl. I purchased the risers Hobbit mentiond but the handlebar clamp holes are offset so I purchased a sporty handlebar clamp that has the hole for the light unit in it. Works great except the riser cover will not fit now.

P

I ended up using the stock risers for now. I just purchased a dash from a FXDSE Screaming Eagle so I am going to move my ignition and all lights to the dash then I will get some new risers with the offset I want. Although now that I have gotten used to the setup I like it. Just got back from a 150 miles ride and feel no fatigue at all. So I may just end up using the Fat Bob risers and get them chromed.

Pinger,
I have been looking for a set of risers for my bike. I have an '05 Dyna Super Glide. I replaced the tank with one off and FXDL. I now have the tach and speedo on the tank. I now want to redo the headlight and mount but I have the idiot lights in the visor over the headlight. I found a top clamp from an '06 FXDL but as mentioned the holes are in line rather than offset. I am looking for risers to match the top clamp (in line holes). Don't need any extra pullback or extra rise as I am using stock h'bars. I have a chrome riser cover (top clamp) with offset holes for trade if you still need it.
Michael

Back