free website stats program 07 sportster | Harley Davidson Forums

07 sportster

Clean it , cover it with a cover that will allow air to flow. Use a Battery tender on it you can pick one up for a very low cost.
If it is parked on cement put down some wood or rubber so tires are not sitting on cement all winter.
Change oil and lubes. DO not go out and start it once in awhile this is NOT good for it.
Spend winter months here reading and learning about your new bike

You don't take your bike out all winter? I live in N/E Missouri and we get some days of riding in during the winter. Not any great distances but around town. Of course it does seem to maintain the cold longer up your way. So your saying do not ride all winter? If you put fuel additive in the tank, do you drain it before you ride? I understand the need for the battery tender, I also plan on heating the garage during the month or so of minus degree weather. Why does it hurt to start it from time to time?

Actually Smitty901 is not the person to ask as to whether they ride in the winter...he has been know to and posted pix of doing such. However, TOP is being the responsible one here, that MOST should limit or not ride in the winter because it is a risky proposition. He also has you covered that a Battery Tender for your bike is a must, or the security system (even in standby mode may discharge the battery in a couple months.

Back