07 sportster

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by bigdaddyscott, Jul 17, 2009.

1. bigdaddyscott

bigdaddyscott Member

in the winter what is best for my bike when it sits all winter.do i need to do anything to it put anything in the gas tank.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Fill the tank and add sta-bil to the fuel.

3. xlcruser

xlcruser Active Member

You don't take your bike out all winter? I live in N/E Missouri and we get some days of riding in during the winter. Not any great distances but around town. Of course it does seem to maintain the cold longer up your way. So your saying do not ride all winter? If you put fuel additive in the tank, do you drain it before you ride? I understand the need for the battery tender, I also plan on heating the garage during the month or so of minus degree weather. Why does it hurt to start it from time to time?

4. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Actually Smitty901 is not the person to ask as to whether they ride in the winter...he has been know to and posted pix of doing such. However, TOP is being the responsible one here, that MOST should limit or not ride in the winter because it is a risky proposition. He also has you covered that a Battery Tender for your bike is a must, or the security system (even in standby mode may discharge the battery in a couple months.