free website stats program 07 Night train shocks fit 99 softail frame? | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Night train shocks fit 99 softail frame?

SE6A

I have the opportunity to buy a pair of shocks that came off a 07 night train , would these fit on a 99 softail standard frame?...or were there subtle changes over the years?

Part number 54508-89 for your bike part number 54508-00 for the 2007 so slightly different part number of the year first used but the -00 may just be to reflect the new twin cam model of 00 if it was an aftermarket set of shocks they would fit if it were me and they were at a good price I would go for it but be prepared to sell on normal vat free price for stock £276.98 each

Brian

Changing shocks on a softail is a pain. If I was going to replace shocks, I would not replace with another set of OEM shocks; they just don't do a good job. Spend the money for an aftermarket set and make the effort worthwhile.;)

Dolt has you covered here. I put a set of Progressive's on my '94 and never looked back. You will not believe what a difference a good set of shocks will make. Not just in ride quality but in the stability of the softail.

Found this for progressive shocks in the uk note price does not include vat or shipping.Brian

You may not believe it but still money better spent than replacing shocks that don't work with a set of shocks that don't work. Any way to game the system by having a buddy in the US buy and send to you?

I went through to the checkout on that site final price was £394.19 the shipping was £9.99 and the vat was £ 65
I think in the US the price is around $450 then there would be shipping then the vat on the cost of item plus the shipping and the fee from the courier that is collecting the vat etc etc the UK company price is ok and less trouble
The customs forms have to have the value of the item and vat at 20% is then added to the item value and the shipping cost the shipping company will send you a snail mail with the cost of the vat plus their administration fee for collecting the vat and passing to the treasury this has to be payed prior to the goods being delivered

Brian

Thanks guys, appreciate all your comments, and yes, aftermarket progressive shocks seems the way to go here.

I went through to the checkout on that site final price was £394.19 the shipping was £9.99 and the vat was £ 65
I think in the US the price is around $450 then there would be shipping then the vat on the cost of item plus the shipping and the fee from the courier that is collecting the vat etc etc the UK company price is ok and less trouble
The customs forms have to have the value of the item and vat at 20% is then added to the item value and the shipping cost the shipping company will send you a snail mail with the cost of the vat plus their administration fee for collecting the vat and passing to the treasury this has to be payed prior to the goods being delivered

Brian
Yes, rather a price whichever way you look at it!...thanks for the info Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bought a few items from the US and the customs etc adds a good margin to the price it is just a be aware

Brian

Back