free website stats program 07 Deuce foward controls. | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Deuce foward controls.

ligreg

Anybody know why the HD Billet foward controls will only fit up to a 05 Deuce? At my dealer they said the only difference is the master Cyl. resevour cover that say's dot 5, and 06 and later take dot 4. Cannot get a clear answer from the motor company. I do understand there could be a liability problem, but is that is the only issue? Not alot of choices for the 07 deuce (the FXSTD exception).

The 'except FXSTD/I' exception???? Not sure what you're talking about...:D:wall:wall:wall Sorry, I can't help you with the difference on the 05 & the 07. But I do feel your pain on the everything except FXSTD. Good luck.

Thanks Joy. What I meant was there very often seems to be small star with a note that says" will not fit fxstd" in alot of parts books under softail. Hence the fxstd exception.

Yeah, :s I know all about that exception....it usually follows just about anything I like. :( LOL, I'm getting used to it now.

Hey ligreg,

This may not give you a complete answer to your question but this is what I encounterd on my 2007 FXSTC that I installed the Billet Foward Control Kit P/N 33907-01 on last weekend.

The part bolts to the 2007 frame with no issues.

Shifter Side: Harley changed their jiffy stand on the 2006 and later FXSTC models. The kit provides the old style jiffy stand bracket only. I had to buy a 2005 jiffy stand and locking part that screws to the top of the jiffy stand. (The HD jiffy stand was $113, aftermarket jiffy stand $40-50).

Brake Side: Starting from the rear, my FXSTC rear brake line has flex hose brake line to get over the swingarm then changes to a solid metal tube from the swingarm to the master cyclinder. My next issue was that the brake light pressure switch has been moved forward from the 2005 models, so the brake line provide in the kit was not used. After clipping the zip ties holding the brake line to the frame, I located the pressure switch about 8-9" down the line from the master cylinder and loosened the mounting bracket to give me every inch of the line to move forward. The mounting bracket is just above the frame to the left of the pressure switch. The bracket is held in place by one torx screw. Note: I still had to carefully and slowly bend the line to adjust it to fit to the new master cylinder and did so without any kinking of the line. I insulated the brake line with some fuel hose that I split with a razar knife and then ran it between the frame and newly mounted forward control bolts (under the top mounting bolt). You will see the gap where to run the brake line.

I have Samson Legend Series pipes. So no help on exhaust fitment from me. On my bike the exhaust shield is just touching the control mount where it mounts to the frame. No room to adjust and may just clip a little off of the shield.

Be aware that the part I used is being phased out and has limited options for pegs. EBay MC Parts was the only place I could find P/N 50347-03 (front peg kit). The brake pedal is the hardest to find.

Hope this helps.
Ricochet

Welcome Richochet to HDTimeline and thank you for your very well written post and classy ingenuity, really cool! :D

Back