06' XL883L oil drain hose replacement

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by jccrew1982, Sep 26, 2013.

1. jccrew1982

jccrew1982 Member

I have searched for sometime now looking for a possible oil drain hose replacement, or even a kit of some sort that would take care of all of my other oil lines. Does anyone know of a 'pre-cut' steel braided hose option for a 2006 883L.

I really dislike the factory rubber hoses for the oil lines, especially the oil drain hose that is so close to the ground. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

2. gusotto

gusotto Junior Member

Such a short hose, no need to bother.
    You don't ever hear of anyone getting the oil drain hose cut while riding.

I'd think a steel-braided hose would not be very flexible and that's needed to make the oil change easy.
  3. jccrew1982

jccrew1982 Member

I agree with the short hose thing, however, mine currently has cracks at the top, at the reservoir connection, and is leaking. This hose unfortunately terminates at the oil drain plug. I would rather go with a more reliable braided hose, than replace with a part that already failed on me once. I am probably just worrying too much about it though.
  4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Any good speed shop in your area will sell you lengths of braided hose, it comes in a multitude of colors, I would make sure it is double wall and when you cut it run some tape on the hose first before you cut:D