free website stats program 06 vrscd will not fire up | Harley Davidson Forums

06 vrscd will not fire up

Crocker

Naileron Ive looked for that code but came up with nothing in my list, I would clear all codes and then check again, also when u replaced the battery , when you took the airbox off to get at the battery you might not have put the IAC plug in all the wey ,check and make sure it is properly connected in to the airbox where the sensor is located.,SEQENCE for checking trouble codes....... 1) ingnition off......2) make sure run switch is on then push odometer reset button hold it in.........3) turn ignition to run position and release the reset button. (you will see P,S & C displayed)...........4) each letter represents a area of diognostics ....the one that is flashing is the one you will be checking, to move from one letter to the next, just push the button one time .(from P to S to C.......5) to get DTC within an area ,you push and hold button in for 5 seconds and if there are any it will display..you can release the button.as you push the button again,other codes will appear if they are there, if they are no codes the word NONE will appear.......7) to determine if a code is current or historic, you clear the codes while being displayed by pushing in and holding the button CLEAR appears. turn ignition off, then repeat the code process,if the code is there again it is current.if not it was historic.

I would do the above. You may also want to make sure all your fuses are Good. Not just a visual look but a test with a meter. Maybe while changing the battery a fuse blew. The crank trigger sensor starts the ball rolling but if that was bad I would think it would throw a code.

Do what Crocker said,,, check fuses,,, check back if still no go.

Dont know the history of your bike,but there is no 5 digit DTC codes almost looks like a part number 32376-06 , But also since it did start, I would say ground issue might be your problem , I would re-install the new battery you put in and check your main grounds for engine and frame.

grounds are located 1 to the top front cyclender cam/rocker box and 2 rear cam/rocker box clean and make them tight, also same for battery ,Im thinking you connections at your new battery install were not made properly make sure they are tight and clean the cable ends.

Back