free website stats program 06' Dyna Fuel Injection Issues | Harley Davidson Forums

06' Dyna Fuel Injection Issues

matacycle

I have an 06' Wide Glide... Read the post on the code PO501/PO502

I have a very simalar problem. My problem is the same as far as the speedo wiggin out and the bike dying at "0" throttle... However this is an intermitent problem... I relpaced the VSS.. and still same problem... This will happen when i am on the road, and i can get it to go away temporaroly by turning the bike off and starting it back up again. Also the bike now has a no start issue... engine will crank but not start... I have replaced the VSS and changed out the trans fluid. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Really? How so? When the bike is on the road and gives me the speedo issue, the speedo goes to zero but bike runs fine unless i completely let off the throttle. Then as the bike decelerates u can hear and feel the engine is getting no fuel... but if i give it throttle its fine... and if i come to a stop and it dies, usually i can turn it off and back on again and it goes away.

Now the no start issue is as follows... Turn ignition and run switch on, hear the fuel pump prime and check engine light turns on then off... crank the engine and no start. I visualy checked the spark.. getting good fire, but no fuel... ????

Matacycle...what you are describing are "symptoms"...what Glider was describing is a possible "root cause"...

Since most troubleshooting starts with simplicity, and you added the following symptoms...you hear the pump stir and the electricals seem fine, and you verified spark (which you had not earlier), your EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection...is in question, that they are not spraying fuel for the downsteam combustion chamber. Are there any codes, and are you ready for the next course of action to check...? Do you have a service manual to help you sort things out and a DMM - Digital Multi-Meter to determine if there is a signal reaching the injectors?

Last edited:
There's quite a few things that can contribute to a problem like the one you are having. The reason I said the switch is because you are loosing power to drive the speedo and from what you say the fuel pump too.

Other sensors that may be on the way out are the crank sensor by the oil filter. From here I can only offer you suggestions where to look based on what you post.

You didn't say the mileage on the bike or if the fuel filter has been changed either.

Does it make any difference how much fuel is in the tank?

Ok upon further diagnosis i did find that the fuel line, in the tank between the pump and regulator, has a pin hole leak... although under pressure it leaks alot! (I read the artical on that issue... thanx to whomever posted that) I can assume at this point that it is causing the rough/no idle and no start condition. I will have to repair this issue in order to continue however, the issue still remains with the speedo... I do have a multi meter that i can test wires with but no diagrams to see which wire to check...

the plastic fuel lines in the tank are very famous for getting a pin hole leak in them, is it doing this at about a half a tank of fuel or less? if so fill the gas tank and see if the problem goes away, i am a tech at the dealership in my town and that is a very common problem. the crank but doesnt fire problem also sounds like it could be a crank position sensor (ckp) that is another fairly common problem, i have replaced two of them this month. if you crack the throttle does the bike fire up? another problem i have seen is low battery will cause the bike to crank but not fire untill the throttle is cracked open, but opening the throttle to start the bike in a situation like that will cause a throttle position sensor (tps) trouble code....do you have any trouble codes?

Now the no start issue is as follows... Turn ignition and run switch on, hear the fuel pump prime and check engine light turns on then off... crank the engine and no start. I visualy checked the spark.. getting good fire, but no fuel... ????

You say no fuel BUT ? have you checked the plugs to see if wet???

SIFI had the exact problem with the fuel line pin hole in his anniversary model...

I had a similar NO-start issue with my dyna 2000 model.
Yes it WAS the crank position sensor and a low battery...

TURNED OUT to be crank sensor,,, stator ALSO burned out and voltage regulator made the speedo go like yours...

That was my fix ALL problem....

Hope yours doesn't involve the stator... take off derby cover and hope it doesn't smell BURNT...

signed....BUBBIE

Back