06 dyna clutch

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by Grim, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Grim

Grim Member

Hello,
    just doing a 10k on my superglide, just about to loosen locknut and noticed a weld on top and bottom of nut. manual does not mention welds or to remove them should they be removed?????

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Are you talking about the clutch adjuster nut?

If so shouldn't be any welds on it.

3. Grim

Grim Member

sorry, I'm trying to loosen nut in the primary under durby cover, so I can adjust the clutch adjuster screw

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Definitely shouldn't be any welds on it.

5. 06SuperG

06SuperG Member

6. Grim

Grim Member

This is what it looked like. the plate was striped. I removed it and has been replaced. I bought this bike in november used with 9K + so i decided to do a 10k early good thing!!!. Looks like this may have happend just before the last owner sold it only because it had fresh oil in primery, engine and train maybe he figured patch it quick before a sale??? not sure!!! ran the bike out for a test run threw all the gears at diffrent speeds no slipping seems ok.

Attached Files:

7. 06SuperG

06SuperG Member

Does everything else look OK?
    Does it look like the links in my previous post?
    If it does, I would put it back together with factory parts and call it good.

8. Grim

Grim Member

yes looks like the links you provided Thanks. My manual and your video had same procedure. It cost me $20 for parts(plate,nut and adjusting screw) the screw looked ok but for $5 I changed it.

9. recharge

recharge Member

Hello all what program do you use watch this video, I can here him talking but no video

10. glider

glider Veteran Member

Adobe flash player. It's a free download, do a google search.