04 FXDWGi as First Harley ever

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by dhornick, Sep 1, 2008.

1. dhornick

dhornick Member

08/23/08 1630hrs

Bought my first Harley ever. A 2004 Dyna Wide Glide fuel injected. Only has 7000 miles on it. Teal and Silver chromed out with Stage 2 exhaust. Really a beautiful bike.

Question for old Harley riders. Is this/will this be a good bike? Good first time Harley? I'm excited thats for sure. It turns heads anywhere I take it.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Should be a good bike and a good choice. They ride and handle well.

3. Irish Hog

Irish Hog Junior Member

Great Choice!!

I have a 01 FXDWG and it was my first bike as well, I have 5900 miles on mine. I had never drove a street bike or had any lesson what so ever. I just climbed on and been riding ever since. I did however drive dirt bikes and quads everyday of my life as a teen, so I was not new to riding a bike.

The wide glide is a great bike, so much to add to them. I added a bullet lite, seat, much chrome, braided lines, Vance and Hines shorts and 3" to the forward controls along with the street slammer bars and it just has a chopper like feel, I love it!!! I think you will too. Good luck and drive safe

Irish Hog:newsmile073:

4. Skunk ape

Skunk ape Member

Good bike!

5. twooodogz

twooodogz Member

2003 wide glide as my first bike ever. I actually bought it in September '02 so I've had it a while now. It has been a great decision for me.

6. DexDexter

DexDexter Member

Congratulations on your new ride. My 2002 Wide Glide was also my first big twin , but second Harley after a Sportster and I absolutely love it. It feels and handles beautifully and as you said they are a real head turner. One of the sweetest looking Harley's ever made in my opinion.

7. vaibhavcoder

vaibhavcoder Member

All the very best dude you made a great deal indeed.
    best model for a befinner to satart with.

Noddy

8. 00BUCKSHOT

00BUCKSHOT Junior Member

the wideglide is a very good riding bike all around....i've had mine for ummmm letss see 6 years now and i have no regrets about the buying the bike i only regret some things i done to it .....(in the process of un doing) think long and hard before making mods to your new bike and congrats!

9. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Since the original post of this thread is Sept.08 I would like to hear how dhornick likes his bike now:D

10. Blue Wide Glide

Blue Wide Glide Active Member

You made a great choice, now go out and ride it:rider