free website stats program 02 sensor | Harley Davidson Forums

02 sensor

09 deluxe

I keep reading about the hight heat in the new EFI engines, and that this can be corrected by a relatively inexpensive modification to the 02 sensor.

Can anyone tell me more about this?
Is is a good idea?
will it affect warranty?

thanks

your probley talking about the xieds from nightrider.com

they work to a point and not it shouldnt effect your warrent esp if you take um off b4 you take it in for service.. they will work to cool it down a but but if you want to add a stage 1 air cleaner and slip ons go else where

Bud has you covered.
They are about equivalent to shifting your A/F ratio by .3 of 1 ratio point. Or the same as setting you O2 bias to maximum using the SEST. (a feature which was removed in the 2010 SEST software)

Smitty has been doing a long term test on the XIED's. So far has posted all positive impressions. Do a search for "xied".

Bud has you covered.
They are about equivalent to shifting your A/F ratio by .3 of 1 ratio point. Or the same as setting you O2 bias to maximum using the SEST. (a feature which was removed in the 2010 SEST software)

the closed loop bias is still available in the new software it has just been removed from tourer maps as they have ethanol fuel maps which run richer

Yes your absolutely correct. Once I opened a non-touring file, the closed loop bias popped back up. Very interesting indeed. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

have these heat issues started to cause any long term problems, or is it just a matter of dealing with a hotter engine when your sitting in summer traffic?

I installed xied's,k&n filter and rush pipes[2.0],about a year and a half ago.bike runs great,better than stock.[07 flstc].Would do again if needed

Back