free website stats program 02 indian spirit deluxe | Harley Davidson Forums

02 indian spirit deluxe

bikecurious

so, i'm shopping around for bikes, mainly looking for dynas, and I came across a great offer on an 02 indian spirit deluxe.
I know this is a Harley forum, but does anyone have any input on this bike? Its right in my price range and at 21k miles
I heard there were alot of factory recalls on indians this year, anything specific I should look for?
Are their s&s motors a lot more expensive to fix than a Harley? or is it comparable?
Also, I'm not a huge guy, 5'7, so I worry about the forward controls
do you think they are reachable for someone my size? and also would this bike be able to easily have the controls moved to mids?
any advice would help!
Thanks!

My best friend works on Harleys and He said he'd work on my bike next to nothing.
so, labor fee's aside, do you think it would be reliable?

Another thing to consider is insurance rates are higher on the Indians. I was at a H-D shop awhile back and I was talking to a friend of a friend who had an 02 Scout. He was complaining about his insurance rates being high because the ins. companies look at them as a custom built bike, not a factory built like H-D or one of the metrics. All things considered I would not buy one myself even if I had the money.

Back