free website stats program 02 FXDL cuts out | Harley Davidson Forums

02 FXDL cuts out

Zippster

Greetings

I have a 02 Dyna that has been randomly cutting out while riding. I do not lose electrical power, just the ignition. If i cycle the ignition key everything is restored. It seems to be happening more reguarly like 2 times in the last 2500 miles. The first time was when the bike was only a year old or so, then a long time before it happened again. The bike has 23000 miles and the stock ignition. I suspect it could be the lean over switch in the TSSM unit. However, if someone else has had a similar condition and found something else it might be useful to me.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings

I have a 02 Dyna that has been randomly cutting out while riding. I do not lose electrical power, just the ignition. If i cycle the ignition key everything is restored. It seems to be happening more reguarly like 2 times in the last 2500 miles. The first time was when the bike was only a year old or so, then a long time before it happened again. The bike has 23000 miles and the stock ignition. I suspect it could be the lean over switch in the TSSM unit. However, if someone else has had a similar condition and found something else it might be useful to me.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/t-743.html

What is the voltage on pin # 10 of the TSM (Lt-Green/Gray wire) when the bike is running/idling normally.

You can also probe this same wire at Pin #10 (Black connector) of the ignition module if it is easier to get at.

Just to clarify... You said you have a TSSM. So you have factory security on your bike and you do continue to have lights and gauges when this happens?

Yes

I had gear drive cams installed last March. However, it did this before that mod. Since it resets with the ignition key I was thinking it could be related to the tilt switch.

One other detail that may be useful i bought a trouble decoder the harley one, and i could not get it to work, it kept saying that the bike was not in neutral, it was in neutral with the neutral light on.

One other detail that may be useful i bought a trouble decoder the harley one, and i could not get it to work, it kept saying that the bike was not in neutral, it was in neutral with the neutral light on.

That is very strange because on your bike the neutral safety switch is only a switch and a bulb. There is no interlock tied into the start relay circuit. You can start your bike in gear. That is normal. The TSM/Speedo/ICM do not actually know if the bike is in gear or not. That's a feature that would be on an ECM (Fuel injected) bike. On FI bikes the ECM knows the bike is in neutral.

What is the part number of the scan device you purchased from HD. It is almost like the device is not for your model year carb bike.

Back