free website stats program 01 twin cam knocking.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

01 twin cam knocking....

As good as MMO is, I would use less than half a pint in the engine oil in these bikes because of the effect on the viscosity of the total oil fill. Generally all you would need in the oil fill is a few ounces to do the job.

Even in a car with 5 qts. I would still stay at less than half a pint of MMO at the most.

Well I did put 2 oz in the crank case oil. I sure did see a difference in my oil pressure. It went up. Like I said before I did notice a huge difference in how the bike cranks up now. It fires up right off the bat. From what I read or the way I read it, that using 2 oz with each tank fillup will not hurt the engine. What do you think?

Well I did put 2 oz in the crank case oil. I sure did see a difference in my oil pressure. It went up.

That goes against all reason. Are you saying that after the bike was completely warmed up, your oil pressure was higher after you added two oz.

Had you just changed the oil also? And was measuring the pressure with fresh oil plus 2 oz of Marvel?
There must be some other reason for the increase in oil pressure.

MMO is a great tried and trued product if used correctly

Absolutely. I love the stuff. But raise the oil pressure? Can't see how. By Freeing up the oil relief valve would really be a stretch. If it opened oil galleries by cleaning them, it would reduce pressure.

Hoop I agree I cant see the oil pressure going up like this when its hot MMO is good stuff but ive never seen this before

Back