free website stats program 01 flhr pulleys | Harley Davidson Forums

01 flhr pulleys

oldog51

What are the stock pulley sizes (number of teeth) for the 2001 FLHR final drive. I'd like to increase my gas mileage. Should I go up a tooth on the rear?

Your final drive sprockets are 32/70 which gives you a final frive ratio of 2.188:1

You could change the tranny sprocket also, what kind of mileage are you looking for and how much do you want to spend, depending you may need to change the belt also. You may check the international models for gearing changes there is always the option ( BIG BUCKS) of Baker 7 speed tranny

Thanx, I'm getting 30 to 33 MPG Doesn't seem to matter if I use oxygenated gas or Non oxy.

Is that in town riding or is that on the road? I assume since it says FLHR that it is a carb. Is it? What jets you got in it? Does it smell like its running rich? Raw fuel smell?

Is that in town riding or is that on the road? I assume since it says FLHR that it is a carb. Is it? What jets you got in it? Does it smell like its running rich? Raw fuel smell?

In any specs I have on the 01 Road King it is EFI

What are the stock pulley sizes (number of teeth) for the 2001 FLHR final drive. I'd like to increase my gas mileage. Should I go up a tooth on the rear?

Welcome to the forum. First I agree your gas milage is awful. The cheapest way is to change the trans. drive pully. Before you start changing things why don't you give us some info on your bike. If I remember correctly you bike is an 88ci with MM fuel injection, is that correct? Is the motor stock, if not what mods have been done to it? Are you using a stock AC and have you changed the exhaust? Has your gas milage always been this bad? If not when did it start using more gas?

Back