free website stats program 00-03 HD Codes And Activation | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

00-03 HD Codes And Activation

I have tried to use the search function here but can't get it to work on my phone.
I have a 2001 dyna low rider. It's carburetorated. Like the post above I have a check engine light coming on after initial start up for about 10 seconds then goes off. Won't come back on until I shut it off and restart. I was under the impression that my codes could be retrieved by holding the trip button in and turning the key on. I did that and it brings up 10 different possible places to find codes but all read clear on the readout. Then push the button again after the ten options and it goes to PPU. Hit it again and a string of numbers. Then it starts over. do I need to look for the diagnostic plug and try it that way or do the carburetorated models even have all the sensors a EFI bike does? Just a little confused on how to proceed.
Btw, the bike starts and runs fine and the gauges all work as normal as well. Any idea why the light is coming on? Ignition module getting ready to fail? I don't know. I know it's an old thread but I'd appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks.

If you are seeing codes d01-d10 in the odometer window then those are codes for the speedo not the engine. See attached for 2000-2003 ECM code retrieval. And you are, carbs units don't have all the codes that FI have.
tourbox

Attachments

• 00-03 HD Codes And Activation.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 27
Ah, good to know about the Speedo codes. Thanks. I'll follow the code retrieval and see what's stored. Thanks again.

Back