free website stats program Zumo | Harley Davidson Forums

Zumo

kemo

R.I.P
Upgraded my Zumo 550 with the optional GXM antenna receiver today. I am impressed with the functions. A nice bonus with running the audio from the Zumo to the aux jack in the radio was the voice promts during guidance. Previously without the audio cable there was no voice promts. Now when directions are given they overide the radio audio. I think that I will suspend my XM service on my 2 other radios and just buy a lifetime service and make this my principle radio.
Kemo

Upgraded my Zumo 550 with the optional GXM antenna receiver today. I am impressed with the functions. A nice bonus with running the audio from the Zumo to the aux jack in the radio was the voice promts during guidance. Previously without the audio cable there was no voice promts. Now when directions are given they overide the radio audio. I think that I will suspend my XM service on my 2 other radios and just buy a lifetime service and make this my principle radio.
Kemo

I,ve been wanting to get one for my 550 as well, where did you mount it?

I just have it sitting in one of the windshield pouches for now. You can mount it inside the fairing but do not mount it on the radio if it is a cassette player. I think that I will put it inside the tourpak because I will want to use it in the truck and the RV. 2 radios was costing me $30 . a month Canadian and the wife was starting to squeal

I mounted the XM antenna on a special bracket behind the Zumo. When I change vehicles, the Zumo and antenna come off as one piece from an existing RAM mount and then onto another. Works for me.

Attachments

• Z6403 XM Antenna Mount.jpg
    Z6403 XM Antenna Mount.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 25
Schmitty do you have that part number. I bought a bracket #Ram 338U but the holes don't line up, it is useless and a waste of $24. Thanks

Kemo, the part number is Z6403 and the product is made by Ztechnik. You can Google "Ztechnik Z6403" and you should find several suppliers. They cost about $19 bucks. The plate then attaches on to the motorcycle mount that comes with the Zumo. Hope this helps.

Back