free website stats program zippers auto tune | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

zippers auto tune

Does the thundermax ecm have a built in rev limiter?
I think most the maps come set with the rev limit at about 6400 rpms You can raise it (I wouldn't do that though) or you can lower it by going in to the basic settings and entering the rpm you want the rev limit set to.

Thanks I am going to buy the muscle 95" kit from them with the auto tune I wasn't sure if the rev limiter was in the ecm or not. they seem like a pretty reputable company even my local HD dealer says zippers has good stuff. Was the autotune hard to set up and do you need a lap top to do it?

you don't need a laptop, but you do need a computer. I hauled my computer out to the garage when I first set it up, but since then I've built a cheep computer from spare parts for the garage so I can hook it up anytime. They also sell something that powers the Zippers ECM when it's off the bike so you can program it before you put it on. I'm not sure what it costs, but they have it on their website.

Was it hard for you to install I'm not real literate with these computers I don't wanna make my 11 year old show dad how to do it!

It's really pretty simple, if you want a preview of what your getting into you can download the software from their website, and install it on your computer. once it's installed you can view all the instructions and work your way through the process of choosing and loading the right map for your application. http://ssdl1.cachefly.net/SMLIVZippers2008_1_7.zip If you click that link it will link you right to their software. Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) and Performance Parts for Harley Davidson and VTwin Motorcycles This one will take to where you need to be on their website to get it if you don't want to download it from here.

Thanks for your help doesn't sound to bad to do. I will let you know how the installation goes I will probably have a few more questions as I am new at this stuff.

Back