free website stats program Zeppelin seats???? | Harley Davidson Forums

Zeppelin seats????

Jerry1834

Any comments? Good/bad worth it. I can pick up a nib for $560 for my 09 RKC with 27k on her...We ride!

Jerry

Can't comment on that brand of seat, but I picked up a new Mustang for my Ultra for about $200 less, and I have absolutely no complaints.

Road Zeppelin Seat is similar to very popular aftermarket ones with air bladder, and were certainly the rage in the 80's when the Goldwing long touring riders were looking for seats to cure their burning "buns". No experience with quality, fit or durability of them, but many GW riders swear by them. HD had such a long history of refining their touring rigs with support from the aftermarket that they did not become as popular but certainly a worthwhile investment.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J04456.pdf

Attachments

• -J04456.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Any comments? Good/bad worth it. I can pick up a nib for $560 for my 09 RKC with 27k on her...We ride!
Jerry

I've only ridden a short distance on a zep., but it was cushy. As much as you ride, it's probably worth the investment. I remember they used to make two models, all leather, and leather only in the seating area. There was a difference in price. Do a little research, and you can find out how to tell the difference, or if they even make two different ones for your bike.

Breeze3at has you covered...leather is the big difference between HD and GW versions, and personally I give the nod to leather over vinyl for both comfort, looks and durability...vinyl seats never were that good, look at all the metrics that have been around for a few years. Spring for the best, you will be happy!

Ultrat....I had heard that but how much did it raise you? I am 6' and the legs are long (average). Have a reach seat now and that put me about 1" forward which was OK and comfortable.

We are looking for butt comfort on the long hauls. The one I can get isn't leather but I can change (order) it to leather.

Really wanted to do some fact finding before I do anything and don't want waste the money if others have tried it and its just so-so.

I could just have the seat re-built thats on there for less.

Jerry

a friend got a used one he did not have electrics to pump it up so i put it on my bike did not use it long. i am 5-8 w/ 31 inch inseam it does make u taller in saddle. desined i am sure for touring. where u dont put feet down often. but height is determined by amount of air u put in seat. it was soft. me i am having my seat redone for my leg length & weight W/ double memory foam & shaped. zep seat may be ok for taller rider. my friend sold the z seat, after ridding my bike w/ seat on. even though i could have installed a plug on his. hope this helps explain..?

Back