free website stats program Zeppelin Seat..I'm sore | Harley Davidson Forums

Zeppelin Seat..I'm sore

israguard

Hi Guys,
I have recently installed my 3rd seat on my FLHX SG. A Corbin with backrest which cost me a ton of $. Yesterday, after an hour and a half of riding I was simply SORE and it hurt & was hard to focus and enjoy the ride. I took a rest and within 5 seconds Im good.. Ride again and the soreness/pain in the (EDIT)
comes back. Im frustrated as the Corbin worked for me in the past and as mentioed earlier... seats don't come cheap and can't be exchanged.

I read here about the Zeppelin which I fear will be my last resort. Is Zeppelin an independent company or through HD only ?. I love the sporty look of my Corbin but I need comfort.

Whatever you can recommend / suggest would be much appreciated.
Rgds, Shawn

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
When I bought my first Corbin as was told that it would take 1000 to 1500 miles to break in. After about 2 or 3 riders and 900 to 1000 miles the seat was perfect and I could ride for days without discomfort. Give it a few miles and see how it feels.

I tried a couple of different seats on my Deuce and found a Corbin to be the one. It did take a while to break in but it was worth it, they look great and after a bit of use they become very comfortable.

I got my Fatboy with a lower, narrower Corbin seat. I thought the original might be more comfortable so I put it back on. I was right, more plush, soft, wider, etc., but it just didn't feel as good as the harder Corbin. I put the Corbin back on and it felt "just right". It's still on there. Definitely a quality product. Rock on.
Ishmael

I dont currently use a Corbin on my Ultra but have had them on prior motorcycles. Its funny the thought of the seat breaking in....my take is your butt is the thing that gets used to the Corbin. Corbins are nicely shaped and do look nice. They are on the very firm side though and it isnt for everyone and every model of seat from them is a little different. They tend to stick you in one position also which, for some, may make your parts sore especially at first. I do think you need to give it some miles to be sure if it is for you or not. Good luck.

Phil

I dont currently use a Corbin on my Ultra but have had them on prior motorcycles. Its funny the thought of the seat breaking in....my take is your butt is the thing that gets used to the Corbin. Corbins are nicely shaped and do look nice. They are on the very firm side though and it isnt for everyone and every model of seat from them is a little different. They tend to stick you in one position also which, for some, may make your parts sore especially at first. I do think you need to give it some miles to be sure if it is for you or not. Good luck.

Phil

Thanks Phil,
I will also remove the backrest as it does limit a bit of movement. When you
Look at the Zeppelin seats.. They look so comfy.. As if you're sitting on a lazyboy chair just not sure
If it's made for my bike. It will also change the entire look of the bike. The Corbin at first felt awesome on short rides, but yesterday
It was bad. Ill try some rear end exercises too. Tks again
WAP.gif

Zeppelin is a Harley product but who makes it I don't know. I had one, it was comfy and I really like having the ability to adjust it. BUT it does sit you pretty high when inflated. I found myself letting most of the air out when I was in town.

Mine (bought used) came with a very expensive Mustang seat, which I found very uncomfortable. I sold it and had a local seat-maker do one for me in memory foam. I love it! When you first sit down, it's nothing special, but after a few minutes, it molds to your shape, and you're good for hours. I've ridden 5,6 hours at a time on it and feel great upon getting off.

They're not cheap, but if you ride a lot, they're hard to beat.

Just to add a note re the custom seat.... you can probably have it done in any style you want. He did mine to match the standard style Heritage seat with the conchos and silver buttons all around it. You don't have to give up comfort for style. All you have to give up is money! But one seat done right is still cheaper than 2 or 3 seats you aren't happy with.

Back