Zenith/Bendix 13859 carb

Discussion in 'Classic Models' started by 62pan62, Apr 21, 2009.

1. 62pan62

62pan62 New Member

I need to rebuild a Zenith 13859 carb. it has a adjustable main jet I could use a breakdown pic. and any advise and info...
    Thank you

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

What's it on?

3. 62pan62

62pan62 New Member

Its going on a 62 pan

4. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

Have you checked out "thecarburetorshop.com site?

5. 62pan62

62pan62 New Member

Yes I have, but no breakdown down pic., I have no trouble getting the rebuild kit its the pic. that would be so help full.

6. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

7. Caper

Caper Active Member

8. The Don

The Don Member

Hi ,
    This may help,
    I ran a modified Bendix on my 81FXEF, removed choke assembly and plugged and smoothed the mounting holes, polished the throat, drilled and polished all sharp corners in the fuel intake. Matched the intake manifold to it and had the adjustable mainjet fitted. Ran the mainjet 4 turns out and the low speed needle 1 1/4 turns out. Bike was stock 80cubes running forged manley pistons w/ 8.5 to 1 comp, manley valves, seals and guides. Used to eat Evo's for breakfast.
    [​IMG]

9. RonW

RonW New Member

I don't know what happened to 62Pan62 who raised the original question, but I just registered on this site so that I could tell The Don:

You Rock!!! Thank you thank you thank you! :D

Picture is extremely helpful! So are the needle adjustments. I assume my Bendix is not modified and I wasn't planning on modding it. Do those settings for main jet and low speed needle still apply, or would you suggest something different to start after I rebuild this puppy?

10. The Don

The Don Member

Hi RonW
    If you are running your carb on a Sportie I'd stay at 1 1/4 turns out for the low speed needle and start at 4 turns for the adjustable mainjet and work from there by reading the plugs.
    Regards, Cris aka The Don.