free website stats program Zenith/Bendix 13859 carb | Harley Davidson Forums

Zenith/Bendix 13859 carb

62pan62

I need to rebuild a Zenith 13859 carb. it has a adjustable main jet I could use a breakdown pic. and any advise and info...
Thank you

Yes I have, but no breakdown down pic., I have no trouble getting the rebuild kit its the pic. that would be so help full.

Hi ,
This may help,
I ran a modified Bendix on my 81FXEF, removed choke assembly and plugged and smoothed the mounting holes, polished the throat, drilled and polished all sharp corners in the fuel intake. Matched the intake manifold to it and had the adjustable mainjet fitted. Ran the mainjet 4 turns out and the low speed needle 1 1/4 turns out. Bike was stock 80cubes running forged manley pistons w/ 8.5 to 1 comp, manley valves, seals and guides. Used to eat Evo's for breakfast.
HD_Bendix_16P12.jpg

Hi ,
This may help,
I ran a modified Bendix on my 81FXEF, removed choke assembly and plugged and smoothed the mounting holes, polished the throat, drilled and polished all sharp corners in the fuel intake. Matched the intake manifold to it and had the adjustable mainjet fitted. Ran the mainjet 4 turns out and the low speed needle 1 1/4 turns out. Bike was stock 80cubes running forged manley pistons w/ 8.5 to 1 comp, manley valves, seals and guides. Used to eat Evo's for breakfast.

I don't know what happened to 62Pan62 who raised the original question, but I just registered on this site so that I could tell The Don:

You Rock!!! Thank you thank you thank you! :D

Picture is extremely helpful! So are the needle adjustments. I assume my Bendix is not modified and I wasn't planning on modding it. Do those settings for main jet and low speed needle still apply, or would you suggest something different to start after I rebuild this puppy?

Hi RonW
If you are running your carb on a Sportie I'd stay at 1 1/4 turns out for the low speed needle and start at 4 turns for the adjustable mainjet and work from there by reading the plugs.
Regards, Cris aka The Don.

Back