free website stats program Your View of Heated Grips???? | Harley Davidson Forums

Your View of Heated Grips????

revok1200

06' RG, located in NC and ride all year.

I am thinking about putting heated grips on my ride. Want to know who has them and how you feel about them.

Were they fairly easy to isntall and what power source did you go to when installing.

Any suggestions on brand?

I just use heavier gloves.
Some say the back of their hands still get cold.

Some don't last but a couple of years.

My FLHTK came with them and I haven't used them much but I can tell you the 2 times I did use them I was glad to have em. Nothing worse than your hands cramping or bulky gloves. Not sure how hard they would be to install but you'll be glad to have them I'm sure. Wish my other bikes had them when my hands were frozen and I was trying to thaw them with the engine heat one hand at a time with no cruise control. Trust me you'll love em.

Heated grips? What are they? Jack, you heard of these? Don, you? :D

Just kidding around. If they extend your riding season, I say go for it!

Heated grips? What are they? Jack, you heard of these? Don, you? :D

Just kidding around. If they extend your riding season, I say go for it!

Yeah, Yeah...I know you Florida fellows think a cold day is when it is in the 60's. (lol)

I have been riding year round without them, but I have gotten to the point that suffering doesn't make since anymore, when money can buy comfort.

Yeah, Yeah...I know you Florida fellows think a cold day is when it is in the 60's. (lol)

I have been riding year round without them, but I have gotten to the point that suffering doesn't make since anymore, when money can buy comfort.

Agreed!

I got to try the heated grips when the dealer had the HD demo fleet on site a couple weeks ago. It was in the upper 40's and I sure liked those warm grips on the Ultra Limited I rode. I've been thinking about them ever since. I do wonder how they hold up after the warranty is done.

I used mine about a week after having them installed, worked great. If you dial them all the way up things get so hot you can't hold on.
Last winter I used them, or tried to, but they didn't work. The next time into the shop I had them troubleshoot the system and a new controller was called for. The expense wasn't worth it since I am normally only home during the summer.

I have had them on 2 bikes and like them a lot I use them when temp's are in the 40s and 50s any colder I put on heated gloves which are bulky. If the grips would heat the back side of my hands I'd use them all the time.
Haven t had any break down yet first bike they were 5 yrs old and and my FLHTK is going on 3 yrs with no problems, don't know how difficult they are to install but you wont regret them.

Back