free website stats program Your opinion wanted | Harley Davidson Forums

Your opinion wanted

Since I can't ride for 8 weeks due to a broken right arm, I have decided to do some upgrades. My question to you is would you start with some cosmetic upgrades or performance? Right now my bike is stock, not sure if I want to start with the stage 1 upgrade (for performance) or go with durby/point cover and such (to make it my own). What did you do?

I changed my mufflers, my Trike has enough bling IMO

You are the one that knows which direction to take. Cosmetic upgrades can be cheaper, because they are not AS addicting as performance. Which ever route you take, you should have an idea or end result in mind. Make sure what you do will work with the next step you will do, so you don't end up with a mishmash of looks or performance parts that do not work together.

Breeze has you covered here. Start with a plan and go step by step to work toward your goal. As for performance the question should be what type of riding you do and what type of performance gains are you looking for. In the performance area the first question I would ask is are you happy with the way your bike runs now.

Breeze has you covered here. Start with a plan and go step by step to work toward your goal. As for performance the question should be what type of riding you do and what type of performance gains are you looking for. In the performance area the first question I would ask is are you happy with the way your bike runs now.

I have a list of what I want to do, I just wanted to hear what some other people did first. As far at the cosmetic part goes, I'm going with my Marine Corp theme,on the performance end im not planning on going past stage 1 (exhaust, air intake, fuel management)

You mentioned performance and appearance - what about comfort? First thing I'd do is seat/handlebars/floorboards/windshield/grips/backrest, etc. Once you get the bike 100% comfortable for the type of riding you do, then I'd do the Stage I, followed by whatever blingy stuff you want to add.

I put on a Cobra Auto Tune fuel management system two weeks ago which allows me to make performance changes whenever I want. I have since added the Cobra Power-Flow intake system for more air, and the last change will be the headers. :D

Performance always wins for me when faced with spending on an upgrade. Any cosmetic upgrade would be to the rear end of the bike because that about all anyone sees.:D

Thanks for the input gentlemen. Since I think I have the comfort part handled (new handle bars, floor board extension, grips, back rest, and I love the stock seat) so I'm going to start on performance. I've ordered the stage 1 air air intake, wild pigs slipons with 2" baffle, my neighbor is a welder so he is going to help me de-cat the head pipe. I think for a fuel tuner i'm going to order a Dobeck unit. When that is all done i'm going to get a speeo/tach combo. This is going on a 2010 Road King with 4460 miles on it that I picked a couple months ago.

Thanks for the input gentlemen. Since I think I have the comfort part handled (new handle bars, floor board extension, grips, back rest, and I love the stock seat) so I'm going to start on performance. I've ordered the stage 1 air air intake, wild pigs slipons with 2" baffle, my neighbor is a welder so he is going to help me de-cat the head pipe. I think for a fuel tuner i'm going to order a Dobeck unit. When that is all done i'm going to get a speeo/tach combo. This is going on a 2010 Road King with 4460 miles on it that I picked a couple months ago.

Harley Davidson Forums
Check this out:s

Back