free website stats program Your Bike Model | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Your Bike Model

I went from a ridged frame Panhead to an Electra glide with a sprung seat, there is no turning back now. That was 30 yrs ago, now I ride an Ultra Limited. So it was comfort and looks.

I had seen a Discovery channel episode on the R&D that went into the V-Rod and was impressed. Soon after I started hitting the dealerships looking at them.
When I walked into one dealership, there was a Deuce sitting right by the door and it just called my name. I loved the lines of the bike, it looked like it was moving just sitting there. I continued my search for the V-rod, but found that every Saturday morning I was somehow in the neighborhood of that Deuce. My wife tried to 'convince' me that I could save money by buying the softail standard but I was not buying her argument. I knew that I'd end up spending large amounts of money to make it look like the Deuce. Finally, after spending about 2 hours waiting for me while I (EDIT) with the sales guy, she walked up to us and said "Just buy the darn thing!" Which I went right ahead and did. You don't have to tell me twice. lol

I've been happy with it ever since. I've flirted with moving to a SG but the Deuce has been paid for since 2008 and I still really like it. So, it will stay for a couple of more years at least.
I like your story, and I like what you did. You didn't settle for something that you really didn't want to save a few $$ only to regret it later. You bought what you wanted, and that has made all the difference!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a UC for the comfort and its ability to haul all the "stuff" we need for a road trip. It's a great bike for two-up touring, set the cruise, turn up the music, peek at the GPS on occasions and enjoy. We have the tour pack rack bag so I still get a half of one saddle bag for all my necessities of life.

Always wanted to learn to ride so back in 2007 I was 51 and thought it was about time to learn, Took the riders course, bought my first bike - a new 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900LT. My wife didn't care much for riding on the Kawasaki, so in 2010 we rented a Tri Glide for 2 days, although we had fun I still wanted to be on 2 wheels, when we returned the Tri Glide I asked the salesman if I could test ride a Ultra Classic - of course you can. Like a lot of other guys I was intimidated by the size of this bike, bigger and 300 lbs. heavier than the Kawasaki. Well that's all it took was a test ride and I knew this was the bike I wanted, the handling and comfort of this bike is fantastic, not to mention the CD player, radio, storage and the throne for my wife.
Did the deal in February 2011 - 2011 FLHTK Electra Glide Ultra Limited

I bought a new Sportster in 2008, mainly because of the entry level price. Really liked it a lot, it was just a little small for the wife and I both.Used the Sportster trade in deal and got a Heritage Softail. Absolutely crazy about the Heritage, but again we outgrew it, so we bought a used Ultra Classic. Now we alternate between riding them, just depends on the mood. Crazy about them both.

Grown up with all metric bikes, from vespa/scooters 50 to honda 65, 72, 90 up to 125 back in the early '70, then moved up to 250, 450 and stop riding in the early '80. Met the girl of my dream and the "me or the bike" thing between her and I. I chose her and stop riding until mid of 2000, took me awhile, I managed to change the "me or the bike" to "me and the bike or else" thing and almost signed the dotted line for the VStar 650 when wife said "why don't you just get the Harley instead of?" needless to say, I ran over to the nearest HD dealer and got my Heritage (I told you she's my dream girl didn't I:D). I've eying on the new Classic for awhile lately and told her I wanna trade mine in for a Classic soon but she said why trade it in, it's paid for, keep the Heritage and get the Classic........:D EDIT :D....I love that gal.

I appreciate simplicity and function so the classic looks and great handling of the Super Glide do it for me! :)

Started on a sporty based on my small stature. I figured that was my only option if I wanted to ride HD. Always LOVED the look of the Heritige Classic and tried to convince DH he should buy one. The dealer suggested that if I liked the look of the Heritage I might want to consider a Deluxe. Very similar look but lower seat height and weight. I took one look and was sold. The excellent ride is just a bonus to the look. And, I look good on it! :D

We had a king for a couple years, the wife and I both loved it. I swapped a bud with a dresser on a poker run one day. 20 miles and it was over, 2 weeks later we traded for a full dress. She still claims she likes the king better, but I don't remember her noddin off on the king. It is amazing to me the miles you can eat on a dresser and be so comfortable...
WAP.gif

Tell us why you bought the particular model Harley that you bought, was it comfort or just looks that made you decide?

When I'd set my mind on buying a new bike, I'd made an appointment at both a Honda dealer and a H-D dealer for a test ride the same day. Whatever I bought had to be comfortable for my wife and something that would keep the stupid smirk plastered on my face.
The Honda was nice, quick and my wife liked the looks of the passenger seat for comfort but my knees cramped up within the first mile from the seating position. But just firing up the TC96 brought a mile wide grin to my face. The ride was just what I wanted: no rushed feeling just sit back and cruise and no knee cramping. The colour we'd already decided on - it had to be black.

Love the look, sound and ride of the EG Ultra Classic. No excess plastic hiding the motor. Lots of storage for those long trips

Back