free website stats program Your average mileage a year | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Your average mileage a year

Last 3 Bikes avraged 13-17K Per year So far on the 09 Purchased on 9/29.09 I am coming up on 7K Mostly riding into work
Be Safe
BuffaloBILL

Last year from about May through Sept, put on about 3500, I expect to put on a bit more this year, with a couple trips to my in-laws and will probably see between 6-8K, most of my riding is just back and forth to work (I know not that exciting).

In general, a car average is around 12K per year, so I would guess the bike estimate assumes that most bikers supplement their cage driving with the bike. They fail to realize that there are many that are tourers, who do lengthy trips on their bikes. I'm not one of those yet...

Last two years 12,500/15,000 and we do not ride dailey or to and from work. Since Christmas almost 2,500 miles so far this year and the weather is just now getting better !!

I spilt my riding time between at least 5 bikes. Maybe 15,000 a year, I think. Never really looked. The mileage for each bike varies. But my Shovelhead has been getting a lot of miles lately.

I've been averaging about 5K a year for the last couple of years, but I expect that to increase. I don't ride to work, but I do plan on taking more trips this year. Already went to Daytona, thinking about Sturgis.

Back