free website stats program Your 18+ Fat Boy windshield experience? | Harley Davidson Forums

Your 18+ Fat Boy windshield experience?

jackdennis

Hello everyone.

I think I’ve realized that my Cafe fairing endeavors may not happen, due to the design of the new FB fork. Therefore, since I still want wind protection, especially since winter is coming, and I ride year-round, conditions pro of course.

At this point, my only choices seem to be the HD wind splitters. I’m hoping people here can convey their experience with both the 15 and 19” versions. I’m 6’ 3” and am thinking the 15” may put the “over the top” wind buffets below my head, leaving my helmet rattle-free.

I suspect the 19”, which only comes to my neck, will put that buffet zone square in my face.

So if any of you can offer some experiences with these shields, and also include your height, I’d appreciate it.

Hello everyone.

I think I’ve realized that my Cafe fairing endeavors may not happen, due to the design of the new FB fork. Therefore, since I still want wind protection, especially since winter is coming, and I ride year-round, conditions pro of course.

At this point, my only choices seem to be the HD wind splitters. I’m hoping people here can convey their experience with both the 15 and 19” versions. I’m 6’ 3” and am thinking the 15” may put the “over the top” wind buffets below my head, leaving my helmet rattle-free.

I suspect the 19”, which only comes to my neck, will put that buffet zone square in my face.

So if any of you can offer some experiences with these 2023 fatboy windshield, and also include your height, I’d appreciate it.
thanks in advance for any help

Welcome to the forum from Gulf Coast AL. It's trying to be spring here so you must best from below the equator.
No experience with FB windshields but have one on the Softail. It's an 18" I'm 5'9 and the only wind I get is on my midsection from around the tank.
It may help to test ride with the different shields if possible. Good Luck!

This is what I found, ThunderRoque is correct.
You want your line of sight to be above the windshield.
Align your nose with the top of your shield

I agree with the area of height of the windscreen.
My experience with the Windsplitter, it does a good job of pushing the wind away from me.
I remember that with the OE screen at much higher than posted speed limits, my helmet would begin to lift, forcing me to grab the grips tighter, this led to sore fingers, bulging eyes and stretched facial skin, giving the impression of a happy rider.
Keep in mind I'm riding on a CVO Limited and the results may be different with a Windsplitter mounted on your bike.
Does the dealer offer any test windscreens to see what style works for you?

I know it's been awhile but when I bought my 2012 CVO StreetGlide test screens were available as well as seats. But 12 years later maybe they no longer do.

Strange. I've seen seat and handlebar setup "horses" in dealerships but never heard of a windscreen sampler before.

Back