free website stats program You riders with 6 speeds... | Harley Davidson Forums

You riders with 6 speeds...

5Pack

Well, i only have 5 gears and on the interstate in the fast line (75- 80mph) I run about 3300- 3500rpm. I was wondering if any of you could tell me how much better that 6th gear is....
just curious..

I think it is awesome, when you hit that 6th gear its just great; a good freind of mine rides a sporty and he was rapped up pretty high trying to keep up with us cruising on the highway. I am buy no means an expert on bikes but I think that extra gear is great.

at 75 6th is supposed to spin at about 2850 rpm its great for xpressway riding

I rarely use 6th gear until I get to 75mph or more. Here in Orygun, the speed limit is 65 on the freeway. So I never get into sixth gear. :D
Ugly John

I think it is awesome, when you hit that 6th gear its just great; a good freind of mine rides a sporty and he was rapped up pretty high trying to keep up with us cruising on the highway. I am buy no means an expert on bikes but I think that extra gear is great.

Hey Cuznjed, guess you guys set the "pace" pretty high, perhaps 85+ mph cause my '04 XL1200RS with standard rubber mounted stage I EVO has just shifted into fifth 'bout 70-75+ and certainly has the legs to do 80-85mph with no shake or vibe limiting a "spirited ride"! :57:

I use 6th gear all the time 55mph doing 2100rpm - 80 mph 2950rpm . I have no problem cruising @ 55mph in 6th gear I set the cruise & ride on . I can ride 2-up set the cruise @ 65 mph approx 2500rpm & climb a 7% grade & not loose a mph & accelerate on demand without down shifting . But I have the 103" stage 2 with a custom FI mapp .:bigsmiley8:

I dont use 6th below 65mph,I have and it seems to hurt my mileage lugging at the lower RPM, riding two-up

Well, i only have 5 gears and on the interstate in the fast line (75- 80mph) I run about 3300- 3500rpm. I was wondering if any of you could tell me how much better that 6th gear is....
just curious..

I installed a SE 6-spd on my '03 UC. It has the .89 final OD gear. I have noticed about a 350-400 rpm drop. With OEM 5-spd, 70mph in 5th was around 3krpm. With the 6-spd in 6th, 70mph is about 2600-2650 (kinda hard to eyeball exactly).

TQ

Last edited:
Back