free website stats program You make the call Professional or not. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

You make the call Professional or not.

I'm not a cop, dont want to be a cop, am glad to live in a free country, but there are laws-and we do see things differently. No big deal. IMO

The laws regarding this sort of incident are really very clear.
If a person is stopped by a law enforcement officer and arrested,
even if the offender believes he had done no wrong, he is to obey the commands of the officer.
We have courts to sort out the indifferences and right the wrongs...

It is so much easier to just go along and fight it in court at a later date. Generally, if you go along, you get away with more.

My $0.02.....

I have to agree Joe, but I can speak with experience that if
one goes along with the officer (a little kindness goes a long way), he may be more likely to get a break than otherwise...

Actually Wild spirit 97, I am not a cop-nor do I want to be one. I also cherish my freedom. I have been happily married for 20 years and have two wonderful teenagers, which one of them drives. I teach my kids to be respectful, tell the truth, and live one day at a time... and usually things will fall into place. They are not perfect, nor do I expect them to be. What does bother me is the lack of respect that that kid had for authority. I take no offense to any comments posted here.

Howdy Wild....am not a cop either..am a retired utility worker...and in this day and age...no way would I want to be a cop....Still nothin worse to me than someone speeding through a construction zone are a school zone....which happens way to often....btw...also I think its great that we do have a free country and we can discuss issues such as this...:44:

A issue has surfaced on the news about this. Seams the officer was working off the clock, being paid by the construction Co. with the blessing of the UHP and seams to be a common practice in many states including my on! :dknow

I speed. Not alway, but sometimes. That doesn't make me or anyone else who does it a criminal. going over the speed limit isn't really breaking a "Law", it's violation a regulation. I do realize that it was a construction zone, but I didn't see anyone working, the kid driving recklessly or anything like that. I also couldn't hear the whole conversation when the guy was in the car so I guess I can't judge the whole situation fairly. If all the guy did was say he's not gonna sing the ticket then the cop shouldn't have arrested him, nor should he have been ordered out of his vehicle.
I've seen the tazer thing be abuse for years around here and lately it's been getting worse. A couple of years ago my wife was coming to see me at work for my lunch and told me there was a cow wandering the street. I told don't worry when the cops get there they'll kill it. sure enough that night on the new there it was "cow tazered to death by officer". It wasn't even a Brama bull or anything scary. just a dairy cow that wouldn't comply with the commands so the killed him.

Back