free website stats program You guys won't believe this | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

You guys won't believe this

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what you guys are right about another bike. I do know the owner and his son personally which was making this hard for me, But when I look at the amount of money that I am paying I ask myself what the hell would they do. They are going to have to answer this question tomorrow for me. I am from Illinois and the only aftermarket items are foot pegs, back rest and pillion pad which have not been installed yet. Check back I will let everyone know what is going to happen beside my banker is a guy I grew up with so he support this plan also after a phone call to him tonight after seeing your guys response. Thanks again guys. Is there anything else you guys can think of that I should demand ?

I assume that you are not trying to extract a pound of flesh, and that you only want what is fair and equitable. In good faith, you paid them what you considered a fair price for the motorcycle you wanted. It is equitable to all that they provide you with that motorcycle or an equivalent one that you are equally satisfied with. If they want to add something to compensate you for the inconvenience and delay you have experienced not getting the bike that you paid for when you wanted it, then suggest that they throw in the extended warranty. In most cases, that costs the Dealership nothing since most bikes make it past that point before things REALLY go wrong. But it would give you a sense of comfort that you are protected if, in fact, something does. Seems fair and equitable.

TQ

You are correct all I really want is what I paid for. They have promised to take care of this and me. As too what take care of me means is yet to be seen. I believe in letting people make things right and then if not I will take things to the next level. I have been given this chance in life by people so I will give them this same right. An extended warranty is not a bad idea and would give me a piece of mind. Thanks

I have to agree with all of what has been posted in reply to your problem. You're right on the money. This shouldn't happen to a new bike, or a new anything. I went through the same thing with a new car a few years back. The dealer was very supportive, but really didn't have a clue as to what was mking the car stall. The factory was even a bigger problem. Call your local Consumer Affairs office and find out what your legal remedies are. If you have an attorney that you can talk to, a phone call in that direction might not be a bad idea either. Good relationship with the dealer or not, this is "business", and you should start making a fuss. We're not talking about $5 here, these machines, even the less expensive one's are a lot of money. Sometimes, you just have to make a pain out of yourself. You gave the guy the opportunity to fix the thing, and it apparently isn't an easy one, or it would have been done by now. Good luck....

Being in the bussiness once you drive out the driveway its yours the dealer has the right to fix it if not its a lemon and hd will buy it back but thats a long road and i beleive the dealer will switch it out now so go that way,jel

Yup. Different bike. They should be able to transfer one in from somewhere pretty easy. I agree that I wouldn't touch the other one with a stick.

Based on your description, you never took full possession of the bike. Half a block and back to them with a bike that is NOT working right when you did not crash it or have any sort of an accident, is a test ride, and it failed the test ride. I would TELL them (not ask them) that you want a DIFFERENT bike. That one is obviously a factory defect unless they messed with it putting on alot of Dealer add-ons. So to me, it is either the Motor Company's bike or the Dealership's bike, not your bike - that is how I would approach it.

TQ

TQ is absolutely correct When I went to pick my bike up at the dealer I was told that it was assembled and out for a test ride by the tech. Did anyone do a test ride prior to handing you the key??

My .02 Worth

Good luck I would be asking for a New Street Bob

BuffaloBILL

Yes they did the test ride prior to handing me the keys and put about 2 miles on it along with 3/4 of a tank of fuel. They did that not me. I took the keys and left for a half mile and returned right away. They have now put 12 miles on it including the owner and it keeps doing it every time and this all took place on monday alone before i left on my bike that i traded in. Waiting on a return call today. we will see.

Yes they did the test ride prior to handing me the keys and put about 2 miles on it along with 3/4 of a tank of fuel. They did that not me. I took the keys and left for a half mile and returned right away. They have now put 12 miles on it including the owner and it keeps doing it every time and this all took place on monday alone before i left on my bike that i traded in. Waiting on a return call today. we will see.

:shock

Call your bank and tell them to start changing the paperwork;
you are getting a new bike.

I wouldnt touch this one with a 10 foot pole now...

Good luck, I think the owner will understand.

This should be an easy fix-just swap it out for another comparable bike. But why do I smell a problem acomin........?? Based on my dealings with dealerships, you will find yourself lucky if it goes that easy. While there may be some sort of lemon law in your state, you did take possession once you took it off their property, technically speaking. Hopefully they are more considerate......

It seems to me that no dealership would want any bad publicity at this time. I deal with two dealerships in my area. I don't know anyone at either place on a personal basis, but I feel like they would bend over backwards to satisfy me if I had the problem that you do. Just ask them to put theirselves in your shoes, they would not want this bike either. I would hope they would understand and know that word of mouth advertising about how they took great care of you would get around and draw more potential customers to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back