free website stats program You guys won't believe this | Harley Davidson Forums

You guys won't believe this

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAFF 3445

:wall:wall
So last Friday I decided to up grade from my 08' nightster to a brand new 09 Street Bob. Went to pick it up on Monday along with ordering some aftermarket parts. The dealer didn't have all the parts in stock so I decided that I will pick them up later in the week when they come in. Got on the Street Bob and drove off. Made it a half mile down the road when all the warning lights came on and the speed do went to to 0 mph while doing 30. Bike was running fine at this time. Turned around and went back to the dealer. They tried to fix it several times but every time it did the same and began to run rough. So after being there for six hour with an hour drive back home I just wanted to leave. I signed a release form and drove home on my nightster with dealer tags. Called two days ago and service maanger said there must be a short some where in the wiring bundle. They agreed to replace the whole wiring bundle. So here I sit typing this and wanting to ride my new bike. This is not suppose to happen to a new bike. Would you guys have requested something different other than what I have done. They don't know when I will get it back, but all I care about is getting it done right and not at any cost to me.

I thought about that too but all paper work is done there and the bank, but i think i would feel better with a different street bob too. So with that, I do already own that bike. Do you think it would be a fight because I really don't mind fighting but really want to have my ducks in a row first for legal reasons that may come up later if it becomes a problem.

Call your bank and let them know about your concern and the problem of your brand new bike and would like to cancel the deal if you can't get another Bob, there's a "time table" for something like that, dealer may says different thing but I believe by law, you can cancel your deal in certain time frame if you have valid reasons and I think you do in this case, state's law may varies.

I agree with everyone's thoughts but I really do have a good working relations with this dealer. That is why I travel 60 miles to this dealer instead of the other two that are within 20 miles of the house. They promise to make it right and i think that I will give them this chance but it all will be documented for future problems. What do you guys thinks as I really do value your opions. Thanks guys

i would still go for a different one no way would i take it or trust it its brand new should work out the box

I agree with everyone's thoughts but I really do have a good working relations with this dealer. That is why I travel 60 miles to this dealer instead of the other two that are within 20 miles of the house. They promise to make it right and i think that I will give them this chance but it all will be documented for future problems. What do you guys thinks as I really do value your opions. Thanks guys

If your relationship goes both ways, I would think that the dealer would offer a different bike!
At the very least I would bring it up to the owner of the shop, and see what his response is.

I thought about that too but all paper work is done there and the bank, but i think i would feel better with a different street bob too. So with that, I do already own that bike. Do you think it would be a fight because I really don't mind fighting but really want to have my ducks in a row first for legal reasons that may come up later if it becomes a problem.

Based on your description, you never took full possession of the bike. Half a block and back to them with a bike that is NOT working right when you did not crash it or have any sort of an accident, is a test ride, and it failed the test ride. I would TELL them (not ask them) that you want a DIFFERENT bike. That one is obviously a factory defect unless they messed with it putting on alot of Dealer add-ons. So to me, it is either the Motor Company's bike or the Dealership's bike, not your bike - that is how I would approach it.

TQ

i would still go for a different one no way would i take it or trust it its brand new should work out the box
I second this. If you said you have a good realationship with the dealer you will find out how good it is if you ask for a new bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back