free website stats program You guys stateside have all the room in the world | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

You guys stateside have all the room in the world

London is definitly a "tight" place to ride. Just about as bad a cities in Italy.
I hope some day you can rent a ride in the Southwest of the US and really stretch out.

As far a paying for it, I think we in the US get off pretty good (and we are still being robbed) and it is not likely to last given the path I think the gubbermint is on. With the VAT added to everything, the cost and lack of affordable housing in London, congested streets and fuel translating to $6-8 a gallon (US).....

Also, it is my honest opinion that bacon is a condiment to be added much like salt or pepper, to just about anything:s

I always thought that bacon was one of the Three basic food groups, meat, potatoes and Chocolate

yes we have it made....miles and miles of potholes, contruction barricades, construction cones, poor highway maintenance, poor snow removal,idiots texting when they drive, then they see you and are jealous and do stupid stuff

I'm green with envy for you guys in the US,your roads are wide and long and parking a big HD is not a problem,here in good old England our roads are narrow and if like me you live in and around London, you can barely park up.Having a big HD chop would be a nightmare trying to move it round the congested streets.I've got a sporty and thats about as big as you can go unless you go out of town.

Sure...but we still don't have a Queen!!

Yea, it's good to be an American, no doubt. Those of us in the South have it even better as some (namely, me) can ride just about year round. I live in Florida and, the current cold snap excluded, can ride most of the year, plus we have gator tail to dine upon...ummm. You guys in England do come up short in roads but do have good food, great beer and, as mentioned, the Queen.

I'm green with envy for you guys in the US,your roads are wide and long and parking a big HD is not a problem,here in good old England our roads are narrow and if like me you live in and around London, you can barely park up.Having a big HD chop would be a nightmare trying to move it round the congested streets.I've got a sporty and thats about as big as you can go unless you go out of town.

We do have some great wide roads (and some narrow ones too):p It has been a sort of fantasy of mine to rent a Touring bike in England and hit the beautiful English countryside in search of all of those awesome castles you guys have over there! Could you do that? Could you get out of the city of london and hit the open roads?

I have to think some of those little old New England towns pose some of the same problems. Cobblestones, enough room for two small cars to pass in opposite directions as long as one of them is parked on the sidewalk.

Stary, having some videos of the Isle of Man annual township street race I can really see your point, seeing guys going within inches of brick buildings and sheer cliff/drop off areas, I don't know how you guys do it...must be wearing a lot of shamrocks or the green on this guys hat is painted on...:newsmile09: :rofl

yeah but you guys rarely venture in to the middle as there are alsorts of nasty critters like velociraptors - oh sorry wrong place :D
But i do know the middle of Oz is once of the most Hostile places in the world

You think that's hostile? Try going over to my mother-in-laws house

yeah but you guys rarely venture in to the middle as there are alsorts of nasty critters like velociraptors - oh sorry wrong place :D
But i do know the middle of Oz is once of the most Hostile places in the world

.....actually Hobb, most of the dangerous critters are on the coast......yes, we're silly enough to live amongst them???? :small3d023:

Back