free website stats program You are lucky people | Harley Davidson Forums

You are lucky people

Ben1960

Why? Because the fuell prices, here in the Netherlands we pay about
6.50 usd for a gallon !!! Not funny.

Ouch! Sounds like I need to rethink griping about gas prices. Guess I'll just stick to griping about the ethenal!

Don I believe there are many reasons why they pay that much for gas. The price per barrel of oil is the same all over the world. I believe that you can figure it out why they are so high.
WAP.gif

Same sort of cost here and most of the cost of a gallon of fuel is tax

Brian

In Vancouver, BC, Canada we pay as much as $1.50/litre at times. More for 91 octane. That works out to almost what you pay per gallon in Europe. And we produce the oil right next door in Alberta. Canadian oil.

Problem is TAXES!

Why? Because the fuell prices, here in the Netherlands we pay about
6.50 usd for a gallon !!! Not funny.

Hmmm $1.65 AU times that by 4.5lts or there's about =$7.425 AU and we get more for our AUD than USD so for a country that could self provide if it needed to I think we are getting ripped off.

Hmmm $1.65 AU times that by 4.5lts or there's about =$7.425 AU and we get more for our AUD than USD so for a country that could self provide if it needed to I think we are getting ripped off.

Usually on this site a gallon when quoted would be a us gallon approx 3.75 litre rather than an imperial gallon at approx 4.5 litres

Brian

Get ready, B.O. will have the price here in the U.S. up to those levels soon. He hates fossil fuel and loves taxes. I'm sure this is one 'problem' he'll be able to fix in four years. We've had it good to long anyway.:bigsmiley15:

It is a shame back at the turn of the century when they would refine Kerosene for lanterns they had NO use for gasoline, imagine how many barrels of oil got used up then

Back