You are lucky people

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by Ben1960, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Ben1960

Ben1960 Member

Why? Because the fuell prices, here in the Netherlands we pay about
    6.50 usd for a gallon !!! Not funny.

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Ouch! Sounds like I need to rethink griping about gas prices. Guess I'll just stick to griping about the ethenal!

3. Rubyred

Rubyred Senior Member

Don I believe there are many reasons why they pay that much for gas. The price per barrel of oil is the same all over the world. I believe that you can figure it out why they are so high.
    [​IMG]

4. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Same sort of cost here and most of the cost of a gallon of fuel is tax

Brian

5. cedarbrook63

cedarbrook63 Junior Member

Same with booze, same with smokes (if you do), tax, tax and more tax :(

6. cdn-bigfoot

cdn-bigfoot Junior Member

In Vancouver, BC, Canada we pay as much as $1.50/litre at times. More for 91 octane. That works out to almost what you pay per gallon in Europe. And we produce the oil right next door in Alberta. Canadian oil.

Problem is TAXES!

7. markols1

markols1 Member

Hmmm $1.65 AU times that by 4.5lts or there's about =$7.425 AU and we get more for our AUD than USD so for a country that could self provide if it needed to I think we are getting ripped off.

8. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Usually on this site a gallon when quoted would be a us gallon approx 3.75 litre rather than an imperial gallon at approx 4.5 litres

Brian

9. Piedmont

Piedmont Member

Get ready, B.O. will have the price here in the U.S. up to those levels soon. He hates fossil fuel and loves taxes. I'm sure this is one 'problem' he'll be able to fix in four years. We've had it good to long anyway.:bigsmiley15:

10. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

It is a shame back at the turn of the century when they would refine Kerosene for lanterns they had NO use for gasoline, imagine how many barrels of oil got used up then