free website stats program York Assembly Plant | Harley Davidson Forums

York Assembly Plant

sjcea

Did a tour again through the York PA assembly plant that is about 10 minutes from my house . Saw all the new touring line and the liquid cooling system . if you have never been to the York facility its a must see !

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377536784562.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377536784562.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 105
Its a great experience. My self I have been there twice. I saw the building of the Tour Glide and again in 2009. Just be careful at the gift shop for you may end up spending alot of cash.............:p

I got to do a un-official tour in 1966 when I went up to Milwaukee with the local dealer. he used to drive a truck up to pick up the up new bikes..got to go into the racing dept. and all...it was very interesting. :):)

Being there once with my good friend. Now, my wife wants to go there... We will go there in someday. :small3d026:

Went there back in June a week before they were going to change over to the 2014 line. Wife and I both enjoyed the two hour tour, recommend it to all.:D:D

My wife planned a road trip a few years ago to Virginia and New Hampshire. I looked at the map and said, "Look, dear. We can take a little detour and go through York, PA and see where my Road Glide was made. And, of course, we can't miss going to Gettysburg just down the road from York." It worked and it was a great tour.

I spent a little over a year working in Harrisburg in 2011 and took the tour. That and Gettysburg were two of my favorite things while I was down there :)
WAP.gif

Back