free website stats program Yet another thread about... | Harley Davidson Forums

Yet another thread about...

performing the 1000 mile service. I am looking forward to tomorrow and doing this. I careful logged 990 miles tonight to ensure I can ride the bike enough to running condition right around 1000 miles.

Have all my fluids and gaskets and will start/finish tomorrow morning.

Sorry, can't help it, I enjoy wrenching on them as much as riding them.

Probably won't sleep too well to night in anticipation. :woohoo:

I am no wrencher, but I had a blast doing my 5k service and saving about 350.00 by doing so. Only thing I haven't done yet is lube the cables...I know it is supposed to be easy to remove, lube and readjust them, but I had a bad incident with my mt bike years ago and have always feared the cable adjusting stuff since...lol

performing the 1000 mile service.
Sorry, can't help it, I enjoy wrenching on them as much as riding them.

I can relate. When things go as planned, it can be rewarding.:)

Not to be nosy but I gotta ask.... Your performing the 1K service on a 2007 bike. Are you saying that you have never changed the oil in 4 years?

I can relate. When things go as planned, it can be rewarding.:)

Not to be nosy but I gotta ask.... Your performing the 1K service on a 2007 bike. Are you saying that you have never changed the oil in 4 years?

Hoople, he went into dealer for a t-shirt and came out with a 2011 Street Glide. Just hasn't updated profile. Hoping I remember correctly.

Oh yeah, Hoople. You mean you have to change the oil in these things???

Last edited:
You mean you have to change the oil in these things???

I figured something was up.
I have a neighbor that lives a few houses away from me that has a Bagger sitting in his garage. I bet he puts on maybe 200 miles a year. I guess whatever floats you boat. :D

You mean you have to change the oil in these things???

Had a friend back in HS who ran his 1969 Nova for three years before finding out he needed to service the car every now & then. The oil looked like a chocolate shake - he learned quickly how important an oil change can be for engine. Plus this guy was a farmer so should've known better. Guess this is how we learn...;)

I figured something was up.
I have a neighbor that lives a few houses away from me that has a Bagger sitting in his garage. I bet he puts on maybe 200 miles a year. I guess whatever floats you boat. :D

That is so sad. I never understood why somebody would spend thousands of dollars on a motorcycle just so they can sit and look at it. Such a waste in my opinion.

You guys catch all the details. :D

I have updated my information to reflect which bike I am referring to; will be performing the 1K service on my SG.

I agree with the comments above, never understood why a person wouldn't take their toys out of the garage to ride or drive - know a few guys that have sweet cars and they sit for the most part.

Just picked the SG up and within basically two days I practically had my 1K. Usually if I take the bike out I am going to return 2500 miles (or more) later. These things are meant to ride.

That is so sad. I never understood why somebody would spend thousands of dollars on a motorcycle just so they can sit and look at it. Such a waste in my opinion.

I agree with the comments above, never understood why a person wouldn't take their toys out of the garage to ride or drive - know a few guys that have sweet cars and they sit for the most part.

Hey, people spend tens of thousands of $$$ on artwork that hangs on the wall just to look at. I guess a beautiful Harley could be seen as falling in the same category. Like Hoople said - whatever floats your boat!

Back