free website stats program yet another heel/toe shifter question | Harley Davidson Forums

yet another heel/toe shifter question

dhornick

OK been riding a long time. Just moved from a Dyna to a Touring 07 FLHX. Question regarding heel/toe shifters and I know others have had to have this problem because my foot is only a size 10 so….. Is it possible to get some kind of extension on either end of the heel or toe shifter bar? My boot just barely fits between the two on the running board. I mean its ok for shifting but for running down the road I have literally no room to play with for different foot positions and conformability other than using my highway bars. Also, I know there are those who dont even like heel/toe shifters but i do so whatever happens I'm keeping mine. :D

just trimed my rear peg 3/4 off also cut down bolt & thread it or there is a c. . that makes a 2 in longer rear arm ...woods i think is name...

There is a folding heel shifter available from someone - not sure if it's HD or not. For cruising, you can fold the heel portion back 90 degrees so it's out of the way.

You could also install floorboard extenders to give yourself anywhere from 1/2 to an inch of extra room outboard of the shifters.

You must have huge boots - I wear a 10 or 10 1/2 and haven't noticed any crowding of my left foot.

I have a 9 1/2 size boot and ride an 05 Road Glide. I bought an extended rear shifter from Walters. I also turned the front shifter 180* and reversed the peg. I installed 3/4" extenders on the footboards. I now have the whole footboard to use and it only took a few shifts to get used to the new positions.

HDDON, I do not believe that it would be possible to drag it when the floorboard would hit first, and I doubt that anyone could throw a bike bike like that over that far to drag, unless maybe a Street Glide or a bike that is really sitting low. My 05 Ultra Classic sits what I consider high, and I can really throw bikes through some twisties and have never dragged mine.

I went with the Walters shift arm. It wasn't so much that my foot was cramped, I just wanted to get the use of the whole floorboard. I kept finding the back of my heal pressed against the shifter...

I went with forward controls on my 2004 Road King Classic, I like them. It's a different feel for a change of pace.

Attachments

• 136_136.jpg
    136_136.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 25
Am I missing something? Mine you can reposition . Just by removing the bolt and removing the shift arm then repositioning on the peg (arm) whats ever its called.

Back