free website stats program yet another carb question (96 cvo) | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

yet another carb question (96 cvo)

That will be the accelerator pump it is operated by the rod that goes into the side of the float bowl it should be squirting the fuel straight down the centre of the carb throat if it is off a bit you should be able to grip with a pliers and rotate it to get the fuel in the right direction

I need to read this thread all the way through again and take the dog for a walk top of the hill overlooking the stunning scenery here is good thinking space

Brian

That will be the accelerator pump it is operated by the rod that goes into the side of the float bowl it should be squirting the fuel straight down the centre of the carb throat if it is off a bit you should be able to grip with a pliers and rotate it to get the fuel in the right direction

I need to read this thread all the way through again and take the dog for a walk top of the hill overlooking the stunning scenery here is good thinking space

Brian

And a bit of ale for you and the dog:p

Jack it is sunday late afternoon here so no more beer till friday i need a clear heid for work
dog is looking ready to go over the hill so id better get going

Brian

a Bit?

Well today we are taking the kids to Busch Gardens, so I'm not even going to think about the bike. I hope.

Yeah you will, but some times a break is a good thing, dont stress it will get hammered out, these C V carbs are a bit tricky but once set up right they are very good, enjoy your day off, Capital Jack:D:D:D

Jack it is sunday late afternoon here so no more beer till friday i need a clear heid for work
dog is looking ready to go over the hill so id better get going

Brian

I have to be up at 5 am to go back on the road, so the beer will also have to wait for me. I need to find a job the goes from 12 to 1 with an hour for lunch that is salary.

Yeah you will, but some times a break is a good thing, dont stress it will get hammered out, these C V carbs are a bit tricky but once set up right they are very good, enjoy your day off, Capital Jack:D:D:D

Thanks! If we don't stay to late I'll check back in later. You guy's have a good one!

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of thoughts has the vacume line that went to the petcock been plugged
have you pulled the top off the carb and checked the condition of the slide diaphram
if you are in doubt about the condition of the voes diaphram you may be able to patch it with some very thin rubber (pushbike inner tube)

Brian

Yes the line that went to the petcock is plugged, I should be back on friday and I'll take a better look at the diaphram.

We did have fun at the amusement park today, and I only thought about the bike twice!

The carb slide diaphram looked good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to put the air cleaner ( as I was told by a Bud ) and cover on and turn the air/fuel screw out to 3 1/4 turns and down the road I went! I thought the V.O.E.S. had a crack, but it was dark and I was a crack head (or acted like one) at the time. Not cracked! It has a slight stutter at take off but I think that is just a turn of the screw and told my Bro I want him here for the final tune.

Thanks to all for the help!
I need a beer.
You want a vid of him going down the road on it? I think I want one of the bike leaving! LOL

Back