free website stats program Yesterday & Today | Harley Davidson Forums

Yesterday & Today

ShagNasty

Well I have not posted in a while, mainly because of work and getting ready for the holidays. Well I am off work till Jan. To kick the season off I took yesterday and today for myself. I put in 273 miles yesterday. For some of the South Ga. boys they will know the area. I headed South on Hwy 341 to Savannah Ga,hung a right and went into Waycross, Alma then North back home. This morning headed West to Pine Mountain and surrounding area for 238 miles....Man what a ride and an awsome 68 degrees for the ride. You Ga. Boys do not know what you are missing if you have not done the Pine Mountain ride.... anyway I wish all a MERRY CHRISTMAS.. Be safe out there..SHAG

Well I have not posted in a while, mainly because of work and getting ready for the holidays. Well I am off work till Jan. To kick the season off I took yesterday and today for myself. I put in 273 miles yesterday. For some of the South Ga. boys they will know the area. I headed South on Hwy 341 to Savannah Ga,hung a right and went into Waycross, Alma then North back home. This morning headed West to Pine Mountain and surrounding area for 238 miles....Man what a ride and an awsome 68 degrees for the ride. You Ga. Boys do not know what you are missing if you have not done the Pine Mountain ride.... anyway I wish all a MERRY CHRISTMAS.. Be safe out there..SHAG

I've ridden a little in the middle & north Ga area. More in the southern part.
Georgia has some really nice roads to ride. Back country 4 lane roads without a lot of traffic. Every once in a while slow down for a small burg. As long as you stay off the red clay and sand stuff. Have had to ride those some, but takes away some of the fun.
doc
Enjoy your rides, Shag

I'm slimey with envy! Four inches of snow this morning and another 6-12 predicted for tomorrow. The bike is in the barn and my new ride is the 4x4 plow rig. Yesterday I started a fire in the stove in the barn and sat on the bike for awhile. Ahhh winter riding in Maine.

Docsledge,...the rodes you mention are the ones I like riding. did you do the Hwy 41 North or South when you were in the area. Awsome rode to ride. Lots of back rodes here in the state to ride. It may take you awhile to get somewhere taking the backway, but thats what I like. Did you make a ride to Andersonville Civil War Prison, Plains Ga., excellent country rodes, 2 lane blacktop.

Scrinch, sorry for you Brahhh, another 71 degrees here today. I would trade w/you for a white winter cold CHristmas. Like you sitting in your shop w/the bike. I have done the same thing when the rain has set in. you see I live on one of those red clay roads that Docsledge mention. when it gets to that point, and the slime road is a disaster I go to the shop crank up some old tunes and tinker on the bike. sometimes just sitting and looking at it.....its kinda like a real nice big screen TV, I can look at it for a long time. enjoy your White Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Docsledge,...the rodes you mention are the ones I like riding. did you do the Hwy 41 North or South when you were in the area. Awsome rode to ride. Lots of back rodes here in the state to ride. It may take you awhile to get somewhere taking the backway, but thats what I like. Did you make a ride to Andersonville Civil War Prison, Plains Ga., excellent country rodes, 2 lane blacktop.

Yep, did the Hwy 41 thing a lot. Lenox (where the farm is) is right on 41.
Didn't do the Andersonville or Plains thing. Just about any road off of 41 heading anywhere is good riding.
Go Man, enjoy it.
doc
There are excellent roads here in Mo, Ks, Ia & Ne to get out on also. Much better than what I was used to in Fl. Now you Fl guys give me a break, yes Fl does have decent riding roads, just not as many, My opinion.

Shag, you lucky guys down south are really makin us northern guys jealous with all the ridin you're gettin in!!! and us just sittin around dreamin!:rider

Thanks for the sympathy Shag. I just got an idea. I could get a helmet Camera and a widescreen , put the widescreen in front of the bike in the barn and "ride" all winter:)

Oh , give me your address and I will ship you several pounds of snow for your christmas celebration and you can return the favor by sending a few pounds or warm air. It is as cold as the north pole here today!!

Back