free website stats program Yamaha's version of Street Glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Yamaha's version of Street Glide

Have they actually cloned the 45 degree V or are theirs still 60.?

They have cloned a lot of the looks but they still have that metric sound. Or at least I have not heard one that sound like the real deal.

I think they are 60 degree twins de tuned to sound like our twins but they cant get that sound right remember when the MOCO tried to patent the sound of our motors

Makes u wonder about the free trade agreement it seems that is biting us along these same lines as well

yeah Smitty like the 4 cylinder H D never produced that looked alot like a 750 honda I remember seeing pics of it in a H D retrospect book I have

i like my street glide.. here is yamaha specs.. wonder what suzuki is gonna do..
Type 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder

Bore x Stroke 100mm x 118mm

Compression Ratio 9.48:1

Fuel Delivery Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection;throttle position sensor

Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition

Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch

Final Drive Belt

Chassis
Frame Aluminum

Suspension/Front 46mm telescopic fork; adjustable preload, 5.1-in travel

Suspension/Rear Single shock; 4.3-in travel

Brakes/Front Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm

Brakes/Rear Hydraulic disc, 320mm

Tires/Front 130/70-18

Tires/Rear 190/60-17

Wheels 12-spoke cast

Dimensions
Length 101.6 in

Width 43.3 in

Height 59.6 in

Seat Height 27.8 in

Wheelbase 67.5 in

Ground Clearance 6.1 in

Fuel Capacity 4.5 gal

Fuel Economy** N/A

Wet Weight N/A

Other
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)

I think they are 60 degree twins de tuned to sound like our twins but they cant get that sound right remember when the MOCO tried to patent the sound of our motors

They (Honda) used offset crankpins as well as a balancer shaft to smooth out the vibes as well on some, the VFRs V4s are 90 degree twins. All makers are very careful to skirt around HD patents, legal departments are huge on both sides... :newsmile082:

As Tank says, there is only one original and copies are not worth the price...

Last edited:
Back