free website stats program Yaffe Tank - Blowing fuses when I hit the run switch | Harley Davidson Forums

Yaffe Tank - Blowing fuses when I hit the run switch

SickBoy

I did a yaffe tank on my 2002 king. I am blowing the ECM and Fuel Pump fuse only when I have the mounting bolts in holding the tank to the frame . this leads me to believe its in the tank. if the tank is on the cart or just lying on the backbone it primes fine when I hit the run. As soon as I contact the bolts to the frame I have a short when I hit the run button. Where should I begin??

Alway start where you finished at and work in reverse. It sound like torquing bolts on tank is pinching harness. I hope its a easy find and you do not blow the ECM...............:dknow

Alway start where you finished at and work in reverse. It sound like torquing bolts on tank is pinching harness. I hope its a easy find and you do not blow the ECM...............:dknow

A pinched wire inside the tank could also cause a dead short when the bolts pass thru the tank mounts making a more complete ground?

The tank is not grounded until you bolt it down. Put a meter between the tank and the frame before you bolt it down and see if you read voltage on the tank. You could have a pinched hot lead on the tank, but it will not cause problems until the tank is grounded.

Back